Senior backend engineer
- Seattle, WA, United States
- $130k - $190k
- 0.0% - 0.0%
We’re hiring a senior backend engineer to join our growing engineering team and help build out and scale our platform and services. We’re looking for someone who is as passionate about education and collaboration as they are about technology.
Culturally, our team is a small, highly collaborative start-up, and each of us get to wear a variety of engineering hats.
What we do:
We use Typescript, Node, React, Python, and AWS to build performant web platforms at scale that effect outsized change in the educational lives of students.
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer focused on Backend Web Technologies and experienced with AWS, API development, docker, and breaking monoliths into microservices.
What you'll do:
- have ownership of our backend API, architecture, security, and platform infrastructure
- write code with a focus on maintainability, scalability, and testability.
- drive best practices and mentor backend engineers on backend & microservice development
- improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- find and address performance issues across the backend stack
- work with a tight and highly collaborative team of smart and engaged engineers
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years experience as a backend engineer
- Solid experience developing APIs and microservices
- Solid experience with relational databases
- Experience developing and operating AWS based platforms
- Experience in two of the following languages: Node.js (preferred), Python, or Go, or Java
- Experience with Docker and an orchestration service such as Kubernetes
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to complex problems
- 1+ years experience with Typescript
- Experience communicating with and supporting customers
About Actively Learn
Actively Learn is a K-12 digital reading platform that helps teachers transform students into deep, critically thinking, and engaged readers.
We are functionally and culturally a startup but with the secure financial backing of our parent company. Culturally, we move quickly, deploy often, and collaborate closely both internally and with customers.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.