Sr. Software Engineer, Perception
- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Dublin, CA, United States
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and write highly optimized and cutting edge perception algorithms.
- Design and write highly optimized pipelines for data pre-processing, model training, data post-processing, inferencing etc.
- Train perception models, evaluate their performance, investigate and fix performance bottlenecks.
- Migrate and optimize perception models for executing on edge devices with constrained computation, memory and power.
- Participate in agile scrum development of perception software and contribute to various activities such as project planning, design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing plan/cases/tools and ongoing support of systems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (must have):
- 3+ years hands-on algorithm development experience with Deep Learning and Computer Vision
- 3+ years hands-on coding experience with Tensorflow or Pytorch on Linux
- 3+ years hands-on experience in design and development of high performance real time perception software using Python and multi-threaded C++ on Linux
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and come up to speed quickly on new sensing modalities.
- Ability to adapt, operate, and flourish under ambiguity
Preferred Skills & Experience (nice to have):
- Experience in GPGPU / CUDA optimization.
- Experience with safety critical perception software design and development for one of the following industries: Automotive (e.g. ISO26262, A-SPICE, AUTOSAR, MISRA C++), Medical Devices (e.g. IEC62304, ISO14071), Aerospace (DO-178 B/C), Rail (EN 50126) etc.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
About AEye, Inc.
AEye is the premier provider of high-performance, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), and robotic vision applications. AEye’s smart, software-definable iDAR™ (Intelligent Detection and Ranging) platform combines solid-state agile LiDAR, an optionally fused low-light HD camera, and integrated artificial intelligence to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception.
We value a collaborative and resourceful attitude towards our product development. We reward engineers when they go out of their way to deliver better products.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.