Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Our Authentication Engineering team’s mission is to protect both consumers and our business by providing a secure authentication process across all of our applications. Are you excited about preventing consumer Identity Theft and Account Takeover? Do you want to help us build innovative methods of seamlessly authenticating users? Affirm’s Authentication Engineering team is growing and looking for a senior staff software engineer to help keep our users safe.
What you'll do
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service; building new account takeover mitigation features
- Work with our Product and Business Development teams to improve user conversion and retention rates
- Support Data Science by providing them with the signals needed to build effective models
- Integrate third party solutions and data into our account creation process to help identify malicious actors
- Analyze and debug performance issues across distributed services
- Provide periodic on call support for critical production systems
What we look for
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission:
Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Experienced: Background building real-time distributed web services and authentication systems
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Affirm empowers people to say yes to more of the things they love.
While traditional credit cards charge compounding interest and late fees, we show you up front exactly what you’ll owe—with no hidden fees and no surprises. And through advanced technology and analytics that look beyond traditional FICO scores, we’re able to serve a much broader population than anyone else in the space.
We’re growing fast and hiring smart, curious people to help us revolutionize the banking industry and make it more accountable, accessible, and human. If you’re ready to make a difference, join us.
Affirmers believe people come first. We’re passionate about building something that makes a positive change in our customers’ lives.
Success means all hands are on deck—from engineering to sales and operations. We collaborate companywide and challenge each other to bring thoughtful ideas to every project. Even with our growth, Affirm still feels like a tightly-knit team where every perspective counts.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.