Our External Data team’s mission is to make data from Affirm’s partners as accessible as Affirm’s own data. We are building a new integration platform from scratch, allowing Affirm’s system to consume data from different data vendors securely and reliably.
Affirm’s External Data team is growing and looking for a staff software engineer to build a new generation of the API integration platform!
What You'll Do
- Work with our engineering team to plan / design / implement improvements to our API platform
- Work with our Product team to plan development and integration of the new endpoints from our numerous partners.
- Work with our vendors on troubleshooting, improving existing service and supporting new feature requests
- Help our Data team to build quick integration for data quality validation
- Analyze and debug performance issues across distributed services
- Provide periodic on call support for critical production systems
What We Look For
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission:
Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Kotlin and Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and other engineers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Experienced: Background building real-time distributed web services and authentication systems
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Affirm empowers people to say yes to more of the things they love.
While traditional credit cards charge compounding interest and late fees, we show you up front exactly what you’ll owe—with no hidden fees and no surprises. And through advanced technology and analytics that look beyond traditional FICO scores, we’re able to serve a much broader population than anyone else in the space.
We’re growing fast and hiring smart, curious people to help us revolutionize the banking industry and make it more accountable, accessible, and human. If you’re ready to make a difference, join us.
Affirmers believe people come first. We’re passionate about building something that makes a positive change in our customers’ lives.
Success means all hands are on deck—from engineering to sales and operations. We collaborate companywide and challenge each other to bring thoughtful ideas to every project. Even with our growth, Affirm still feels like a tightly-knit team where every perspective counts.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.