Front End Web Developer
- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Austin, TX, United States
- Apache Spark
Afresh is on a mission to reduce food waste and increase access to nutritious food globally by transforming the fresh food supply chain. Our AI-powered solutions optimize the multi-trillion-dollar grocery industry's food ordering, production, and merchandising processes. We built the first platform capable of handling all of Fresh food’s complexities.
We are relentlessly focused on helping grocers reduce waste, increase profitability, and bring better, fresher food to their communities. Afresh is currently deployed in hundreds of grocery stores across the United States and is on track to reduce 30 million pounds of food waste per year with our existing customers alone. By 2021, we're aiming to reduce food waste by a quarter billion pounds per year.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact. As an Afresh employee, you’ll own meaningful work that will challenge you and change the future of how fresh, nutritious food makes its way through the supply chain.
We hope you’ll join us!
What will you be doing?
- Build complex and rich front-end web interfaces in React. You will work on our data console which includes dashboards and power tools for our customers to manage their business.
- Partner with engineering to set the long-term technical direction for our front-end web and API platform.
- Design and implement GraphQL/REST APIs which serve our front-end with a focus on simplicity and performance.
- Collaborate closely with our product and design teams to create customer-centric and engaging user experiences.
- Lay the foundation of our scalable service-based infrastructure to support continuous delivery and resilient systems.
What skills do you need?
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience with front-end web development
- Proven track record of shipping high-quality production code
- Attention to detail and expertise in front-end web development
- Strong understanding of API development and design
- Collaborative attitude while also being highly self-directed
- System-level problem solving and excitement to tackle hard problems
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Technologies: React strongly preferred, GraphQL a plus
About Afresh Technologies
Afresh is a revolutionary new approach to fresh ordering, forecasting, and store operations for grocery retailers. Using cutting-edge technology (AI, ML, deep reinforcement learning, etc.), we build tools that help grocers and other supply chain constituents reduce food waste and maximize profit by forecasting demand and optimizing decisions.
Our four cultural values are: Humility, Proactivity, Humility and Kindness.
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.