- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Miami Gardens, FL, United States
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- $75k - $150k
- 0.01% - 2.00%
- Google Cloud Platform
We're looking for a highly motivated, strong, experienced lead software engineer to join our small and growing team.
Agave's mission is to make it easy for remote teams to have informal conversations and experience more serendipity.
For more details about our culture and team, please read about our interview process.
Required experience and skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years of total full-time work experience, preferably shipping SaaS applications
- Startup experience strongly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of on time project deliveries with balanced calls on technical designs and tech debt
- Expertise in architecting complex systems
- Passionate about building for the customer and creating world-class experiences
- Strong collaborator with an emphasis on writing and shipping code
- Desire to improve craft and mastery on an Individual Contributor track
- Have led projects with small, dynamic, and fast-paced teams (2-4 engineers)
- Writing and shipping code at a high velocity and occasionally pairing when it makes sense, such as for critical components like our audio/video layer
- Turning design mockups and written specs into performant and maintainable code
- Estimate approximate yet realistic timelines for new features and projects you'll work on
- Reviewing PRs
- Making defensible architectural design decisions
- Ownership over significant parts of the codebase
- Experience working with Google Cloud and Cloud Functions
- Experience with WebGL or PixiJS
- Experience with React JS
- Experience building an Electron app
- Experience with Tailwind CSS
- Prior CTO or technical lead experience at a hyper-growth startup
- Strong founding engineer equity
- Fully remote
- Medical, dental, vision insurance or a stipend to cover these benefits as part of your compensation package
- Unlimited paid time off
At Agave, we're building the social virtual office. We make it easy for remote teams to have informal conversations and experience more serendipity.
Our culture values are: (1) velocity, (2) customer-focused, (3) mission-driven, (4) courage, (5) optimism. Learn more here: https://www.notion.so/Culture-db28e067e5bd405d9cce7843a4a47ab7
Our interview process and engineering culture FAQs are outlined here: https://www.notion.so/Engineering-Culture-Interviewing-25486509806f499e9a3b0cf73e9f4fe0
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.