- San Francisco
- $120k - $160k
- 0.1% - 0.5%
- Elastic Search
- AWS Lambda
At AgileMD, we provide hospitals with the most advanced real-time predictive analytics and clinical algorithms to help take the best possible care of their patients. Our cloud-based engine supports and empowers the medical decisions of thousands of physicians within hospitals and clinics around the country. Our goal is that every patient receives the highest quality and value of care based on the latest medical knowledge and data.
AgileMD is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are hiring a DevOps Lead fluent in AWS to join our Engineering team - the team responsible for ensuring that AgileMD has high availability, low latency, and tight security. We routinely square off to the biggest challenges in healthcare and engineering while building a reliable, scalable platform for medical recommendations based on high-volume patient data in real-time.
In this role you will be responsible for the infrastructure behind AgileMD. You will build automated processes to deploy code faster, safer, and more securely. You will build and expand a highly resilient and scalable architecture spanning multiple regions and many AWS services. You will be fluent in the requirements for keeping health data safe and proactive in guarding against malevolent actors.
Within one month you will
- Meet the AgileMD team and become familiar with our products, platform and internal processes
- Understand the core architecture supporting the AgileMD products
- Understand and manage existing processes for deploying code
- Have full responsibility of architecting, deploying and operating our QA environments on AWS
- Deepen knowledge of AWS requirements for maintaining HIPAA compliance
Within three months you will
- Share responsibility for architecting, deploying and operating our production AWS environments
- Identify areas to better automate deployment of code and deploy those automations
- Identify potential current and future security risks and address them
- Identify infrastructure weaknesses and put in place plans for mitigating them
- Streamline the process for deploying code to both QA and production
Within six months you will
- Spearhead projects to better automate our infrastructure
- Design and begin implementing a plan to grow AgileMD 10x
- Implement a monitoring system to automatically identify and respond to security vulnerabilities
- Know HIPAA and SOC2 compliance requirements like the back of your hand
- Work closely with peer AgileMD developers to architect infrastructure to accelerate product development and access AgileMD and AWS services
Our tools and technologies
- Linux (primarily CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Node (using ExpressJS and PM2)
- Postgres (Aurora), MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB
- Nginx and AWS ELB
- Additional AWS tools including
- And more.
Who you are:
The person who fills this role will fundamentally influence the future infrastructure of the company. You must be excited and prepared for this responsibility. We are looking for big-thinkers who get things done, know security standards from back to front, and revel in seemingly insurmountable challenges.
- You take automation seriously and you have the experience to implement automated processes (Terraform, CircleCI)
- You have a strong desire and ability to learn quickly
- You can manage ambiguity and are able to seek out the information you need to make informed decisions
- You have fought fires at scale, wrestled with lost instances on AWS, and can troubleshoot processes and servers gone awry with your eyes closed
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in a Linux-based DevOps role
- You have AWS cloud management experience
- You are security minded, and know the security implications of every decision you make
- You know at least one language well, and enjoy writing code
- Extremely proficient with the Unix command line, shell scripting, and configuring systems monitoring tools
- Knowledge of all things networking: TCP / IP, ICMP, SSH, DNS, HTTP, SSL / TLS
- You have experience with configuration management, monitoring, and automation tools
- Working knowledge of firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancing, security, and DNS
- You could give a presentation on the importance of database reliability and how to achieve it, as well as strengths and weaknesses of different databases
- You are excited about providing services that deeply affect and influence healthcare
- A thorough understanding of HIPAA with AWS is a plus, the ability to gain this understanding is a must
Work with a team that you can rely on, that constantly challenges you and that gives the tools to succeed and the responsibility to prove that you can.
- $120,000 - $165,000, 0.25% - 0.5% equity (depending on experience and existing skills)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Paid time off (6 holidays plus as much vacation as you need; most people take three or four weeks per year)
- Maternity/paternity leave (10 weeks at 100% salary, 10 weeks at 50% salary)
- $500 per quarter for self-directed personal development (books, conference tickets, etc.)
- In-office team lunches, three days per week
- Enjoy life in beautiful Northern California
The AgileMD cloud-based software platform integrates with hospitals, receives real-time data feeds about every patient and makes predictions and clinical recommendations that helps thousands of doctors and nurses around the country make medical decisions. Our platform helps every patient receive the highest quality and value of care based on the latest medical knowledge and data.
We care deeply about solving hard problems that directly impact people's lives and we use technology and user experience as our tools. We focus on the needs of our customers (hospitals) and their challenges in caring for their patients. Our software affects the way doctors think about caring for their patients, and after all, we are all patients.
Within our engineering team specifically, we care about code quality, maintainability, and the end product. We take a thoughtful approach to decision-making, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right. We look for teammates that work at all levels of the stack, and take ownership and responsibility for building, shipping and maintaining core features, end to end.
- Elastic Search
- AWS Lambda
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.