Front-End Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $90k - $160k
- 0.1% - 0.5%
- Elastic Search
- AWS Lambda
At AgileMD, we are building the most advanced real-time predictive analytics and clinical algorithms platform for hospitals. Our cloud-based engine helps thousands of doctors and nurses around the country make medical decisions, so that every patient receives the highest quality and value of care based on the latest medical knowledge and data.
AgileMD is a uniquely challenging product. We take the most complex workflows that health institutions have and give the people managing those workflows a simple, beautiful interface for managing them. We deliver the same for point-of-care decision support tools that analyze massive amounts of data and provide medical staff with an easily digestible, actionable and intuitive interfaces for ensuring patients get the highest quality of care. Healthcare has traditionally left users in the dust with horrible UIs, bad experiences and few alternatives - this is unacceptable, so we are bringing the best tools to those who need it most.
We’re looking for engineers who are excited by these challenges, who design well-thought out, highly-maintainable code bases and know how to build one in a team-based setting. You’ll be joining a lean engineering team and stepping into a role with high expectations, broad flexibility and responsibility, and comprehensive support to help you succeed. Our product road map is full of opportunities to solve hard problems that truly touch and change the course of patient lives. We need a perpetual learner with an appetite for challenges to join our team.
- Work closely with our engineers, front and back end, to develop beautiful, fast, modern front end applications built on React, SCSS, webpack, and other modern tools
- Work closely with our Product and QA teams to deliver beautifully crafted and stable solutions to our customers most important needs
- Take ownership and responsibility for building, shipping and maintaining core features, end to end
- Design and architect complex systems, focusing on performance, scalability, security, and crafting a beautiful user experience
- Build and extend well-documented and tested code that is easy to extend and hard to break
- Have the opportunity to expand your skillset and learn from our team, whether that be backend, devops, or deepening your knowledge of the frontend
Who you are:
- You are an experienced frontend software engineer who cares deeply about code quality, maintainability and the end product.
- You have a natural curiosity and a desire to build and improve beautiful, intuitive products for our customers
- You have deep knowledge of web technologies and experience building large-scale web applications for modern and legacy browsing environments
- You have a strong background in computer science; via formal education, self-teaching, or other methods (4+ years of experience)
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right
- You are excited by and see the importance in the problems we are solving
- Work with a team that you can rely on, that constantly challenges you and that gives the tools to succeed and the responsibility to prove that you can.
- $90,000 - $160,000, 0.2% - 0.5% equity (depending on experience and existing skills)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Paid time off (6 holidays plus as much vacation as you need; most people take three or four weeks per year)
- Maternity/paternity leave (10 weeks at 100% salary, 10 weeks at 50% salary)
- $500 per quarter for self-directed personal development (books, conference tickets, etc.)
The AgileMD cloud-based software platform integrates with hospitals, receives real-time data feeds about every patient and makes predictions and clinical recommendations that helps thousands of doctors and nurses around the country make medical decisions. Our platform helps every patient receive the highest quality and value of care based on the latest medical knowledge and data.
We care deeply about solving hard problems that directly impact people's lives and we use technology and user experience as our tools. We focus on the needs of our customers (hospitals) and their challenges in caring for their patients. Our software affects the way doctors think about caring for their patients, and after all, we are all patients.
Within our engineering team specifically, we care about code quality, maintainability, and the end product. We take a thoughtful approach to decision-making, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right. We look for teammates that work at all levels of the stack, and take ownership and responsibility for building, shipping and maintaining core features, end to end.
- Elastic Search
- AWS Lambda
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.