- San Francisco, CA, United States
Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating present and future growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. Data engineering can play a critical role in understanding how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers, thereby enabling our team to improve users' experience and accelerate their rate of success.
As one of the first data engineers at Airtable, you'll make an enormous contribution to our burgeoning data engineering efforts. You'll design and build systems that will enable analytics, experimentation, and user-facing features.
What you'll do:
- Help architect, build, and scale our initial data engineering platform, with an eye on security and privacy.
- Work closely with the rest of engineering, as well as other stakeholders from our growth, sales, marketing, and product teams, to understand the data needs of the business and produce systems that enable better product and growth decision-making.
- Work on the data collection pipeline across the entire stack, from client-side event logging to ETL. Systems you'll touch may include data warehousing using MPP databases (e.g. RedShift or Vertica), workflow systems (e.g. Airflow or Luigi), streaming data processors (Kinesis, Kafka, etc.), and distributed data processing systems (Spark, Hadoop, etc.).
- Ensure that our business-critical data is accurate and correct.
Who you are:
- You're passionate and thoughtful about building systems that enhance human understanding.
- You have professional experience working with modern data storage and processing technologies, and you've wrangled enough data to understand how often the complex systems that produce data can go wrong.
- You can write clear, correct code in at least one programming language, and are willing to become effective in others as needed to get your job done.
- You communicate with clarity and precision in written form; experience communicating with graphs and plots, or at least understanding how to enable other people to do this, is a big bonus.
- You may have experience administering modern large-scale data management systems such as ELK.
Airtable was founded on the belief that software shouldn’t dictate how you work—you should dictate how it works. Our mission is to democratize software creation by enabling anyone to build the tools that meet their needs. Creators and creatives around the world use Airtable to do everything from cattle tracking to filmmaking. See our Airtable Universe gallery for examples of what people are doing with Airtable.
People from all walks of life and every corner of the globe use Airtable to get their work done. Over 100,000 organizations run on Airtable—from massive Fortune 500 companies to small nonprofits. They’ve created their own custom software for everything from managing viral video production, to planning UX research projects, to handling lost and found items at music festivals, to saving endangered languages ( https://try.airtable.com/case-studies ).
We're sweeping across certain industries: for instance, in the media vertical, our paid customers include Netflix, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, Group Nine, HBO, Starz, Spotify, Hearst, Time, NYTimes, and CBS. Other innovative companies like WeWork, Clover Health, and Zapier are powered by Airtable nearly wall to wall, and we're a major part of their ability to innovate at scale.
We recently raised a Series D, bringing our total amount raised to $355M in funding from notable investors including Benchmark, Thrive, Coatue, CRV, Caffeinated Capital, Freestyle Capital, and D1.
We love polymathic people with open-mindedness and intellectual curiosity.
Our Engineering Values: - Bonded by Love for Product - High Quality Code Base - Start-to-finish Ownership - Actively Practices Inclusion - Open Communication - Eats Lunch Together - Flexible Work Arrangements
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.