- San Francisco, CA, United States
Airtable is a uniquely challenging product — it has a purpose-built relational database engine supporting realtime synchronization between different users, collaborative undo, formula calculations, and visual revision history. On the outside, it has a polished, desktop-grade web interface and beautifully tap-friendly mobile apps.
We're looking for engineers who understand the difference between solving hard computer science problems and writing highly maintainable code in a team setting, and can cheerily excel at both. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a horizontal toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications. Our product roadmap is filled with interesting enhancements and additions to this toolkit that greatly expand the boundaries of Airtable's capabilities.
What you'll do:
- Work at all levels of the stack, from AWS+Node.JS+SQL to React+HTML+CSS.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core Airtable features, end to end.
- Design and architect complex new systems, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience.
Who you are:
- You’re a software engineering generalist who cares deeply about user-centric product development.
- You have deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale web application architecture.
- You have a strong background in computer science.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in a product-driven environment.
Airtable was founded on the belief that software shouldn’t dictate how you work—you should dictate how it works. Our mission is to democratize software creation by enabling anyone to build the tools that meet their needs. Creators and creatives around the world use Airtable to do everything from cattle tracking to filmmaking. See our Airtable Universe gallery for examples of what people are doing with Airtable.
People from all walks of life and every corner of the globe use Airtable to get their work done. Over 100,000 organizations run on Airtable—from massive Fortune 500 companies to small nonprofits. They’ve created their own custom software for everything from managing viral video production, to planning UX research projects, to handling lost and found items at music festivals, to saving endangered languages ( https://try.airtable.com/case-studies ).
We're sweeping across certain industries: for instance, in the media vertical, our paid customers include Netflix, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, Group Nine, HBO, Starz, Spotify, Hearst, Time, NYTimes, and CBS. Other innovative companies like WeWork, Clover Health, and Zapier are powered by Airtable nearly wall to wall, and we're a major part of their ability to innovate at scale.
We recently raised a Series E, bringing our total amount raised to $455M in funding from notable investors including Benchmark, Thrive, Coatue, CRV, Caffeinated Capital, Freestyle Capital, and D1.
We love polymathic people with open-mindedness and intellectual curiosity.
Our Engineering Values: - Bonded by Love for Product - High Quality Code Base - Start-to-finish Ownership - Actively Practices Inclusion - Open Communication - Flexible Work Arrangements
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.