- San Francisco, CA, United States
Airtable is a uniquely challenging product — it has a purpose-built relational database engine supporting realtime synchronization between different users, collaborative undo, formula calculations, and visual revision history. On the outside, it has a polished, desktop-grade web interface and beautifully tap-friendly mobile apps.
We're looking for engineers who understand the difference between solving hard computer science problems and writing highly maintainable code in a team setting, and can cheerily excel at both. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a horizontal toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications. Our product roadmap is filled with interesting enhancements and additions to this toolkit that greatly expand the boundaries of Airtable's capabilities.
What you'll do:
- Work at all levels of the stack, from AWS+Node.JS+SQL to React+HTML+CSS.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core Airtable features, end to end.
- Design and architect complex new systems, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience.
Who you are:
- You’re a software engineering generalist who cares deeply about user-centric product development.
- You have deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale web application architecture.
- You have a strong background in computer science.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in a product-driven environment.
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. Our product allows anyone to create with a platform that anyone can use to build their own tools and workflows. See our Airtable Universe gallery for examples of what people are doing with Airtable ( airtable.com/universe ).
We're sweeping across certain industries: for instance, in the media vertical, our paid customers include Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, Group Nine, HBO, Starz, Spotify, Netflix, Hearst, TIme, NYTimes, and CBS. Other innovative companies like WeWork, Clover Health, and Zapier are powered by Airtable nearly wall to wall, and we're a major part of their ability to innovate at scale.
People don't just use Airtable, they love it (https://twitter.com/airtable/timelines/566728799115440128?lang=en ).
We recently raised a series C, bringing our total amount raised to $170M in funding from notable investors including: Benchmark, Thrive, CRV, Caffeinated Capital, Freestyle Capital, Data Collective, Founder Collective, and CrunchFund.
Our team brings experience from building and scaling products touching millions of people at Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Microsoft and other leading technology companies. More about us: https://airtable.com/about
Our company is built upon a philosophical commitment to providing the best possible experience for the end user, even if it requires going to great lengths in engineering and design effort. We plan on building this company for decades to come, and while we love rapid iteration where it makes sense, we also take the time to make farsighted architectural decisions and place great emphasis on code quality over raw speed.
We love polymathic people with open-mindedness and intellectual curiosity.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.