- San Francisco
Airtable is used by all kinds of people: marketers, filmmakers, tech startups, wedding planners, realtors, and cattle ranchers, to name just a few. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a horizontal toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications. Our product roadmap is filled with interesting enhancements and additions to this toolkit that greatly expand the boundaries of Airtable’s capabilities.
We’re looking for frontend engineers who equally relish the subtle interaction details that make products delightful, the hard technical challenges involved in making a desktop-grade web app, writing highly reusable code, and thinking about how to build better systems of abstraction. Product intuition is as much a necessity as technical knowledge or familiarity with best practices of frontend engineering.
What you'll do:
- Build user interfaces that are beautiful, consistent, and fast, that thrive under heavy customization and varying use cases, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions.
- Architect and build highly interactive realtime interfaces and visualizations that scale performantly to 10s of thousands of records.
- Invent patterns and reusable components that our users can assemble to build powerful software workflows.
- Work with React, ES6, and HTML/CSS to build and maintain new Airtable features.
- Create reusable and maintainable frontend systems and abstractions.
Who you are:
- You have strong UX sensibilities and enjoy perfecting the details that matter.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in a product-driven environment.
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. Our product allows anyone to create with a platform that anyone can use to build their own tools and workflows. See our Airtable Universe gallery for examples of what people are doing with Airtable ( airtable.com/universe ).
We're sweeping across certain industries: for instance, in the media vertical, our paid customers include Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, Group Nine, HBO, Starz, Spotify, Netflix, Hearst, TIme, NYTimes, and CBS. Other innovative companies like WeWork, Clover Health, and Zapier are powered by Airtable nearly wall to wall, and we're a major part of their ability to innovate at scale.
People don't just use Airtable, they love it (https://twitter.com/airtable/timelines/566728799115440128?lang=en ).
We recently raised a series C, bringing our total amount raised to $170M in funding from notable investors including: Benchmark, Thrive, CRV, Caffeinated Capital, Freestyle Capital, Data Collective, Founder Collective, and CrunchFund.
Our team brings experience from building and scaling products touching millions of people at Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Microsoft and other leading technology companies. More about us: https://airtable.com/about
Our company is built upon a philosophical commitment to providing the best possible experience for the end user, even if it requires going to great lengths in engineering and design effort. We plan on building this company for decades to come, and while we love rapid iteration where it makes sense, we also take the time to make farsighted architectural decisions and place great emphasis on code quality over raw speed.
We love polymathic people with open-mindedness and intellectual curiosity.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.