- San Francisco, CA, United States
Airtable is used by all kinds of people: marketers, filmmakers, tech startups, wedding planners, realtors, and cattle ranchers, to name just a few. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a horizontal toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications. Our product roadmap is filled with interesting enhancements and additions to this toolkit that greatly expand the boundaries of Airtable’s capabilities.
We’re looking for frontend engineers who equally relish the subtle interaction details that make products delightful, the hard technical challenges involved in making a desktop-grade web app, writing highly reusable code, and thinking about how to build better systems of abstraction. Product intuition is as much a necessity as technical knowledge or familiarity with best practices of frontend engineering.
What you'll do:
- Build user interfaces that are beautiful, consistent, and fast, that thrive under heavy customization and varying use cases, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions.
- Architect and build highly interactive realtime interfaces and visualizations that scale performantly to 10s of thousands of records.
- Invent patterns and reusable components that our users can assemble to build powerful software workflows.
- Work with React, ES6, and HTML/CSS to build and maintain new Airtable features.
- Create reusable and maintainable frontend systems and abstractions.
Who you are:
- You have strong UX sensibilities and enjoy perfecting the details that matter.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in a product-driven environment.
Airtable was founded on the belief that software shouldn’t dictate how you work—you should dictate how it works. Our mission is to democratize software creation by enabling anyone to build the tools that meet their needs. Creators and creatives around the world use Airtable to do everything from cattle tracking to filmmaking. See our Airtable Universe gallery for examples of what people are doing with Airtable.
People from all walks of life and every corner of the globe use Airtable to get their work done. Over 100,000 organizations run on Airtable—from massive Fortune 500 companies to small nonprofits. They’ve created their own custom software for everything from managing viral video production, to planning UX research projects, to handling lost and found items at music festivals, to saving endangered languages ( https://try.airtable.com/case-studies ).
We're sweeping across certain industries: for instance, in the media vertical, our paid customers include Netflix, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, Group Nine, HBO, Starz, Spotify, Hearst, Time, NYTimes, and CBS. Other innovative companies like WeWork, Clover Health, and Zapier are powered by Airtable nearly wall to wall, and we're a major part of their ability to innovate at scale.
We recently raised a Series D, bringing our total amount raised to $355M in funding from notable investors including Benchmark, Thrive, Coatue, CRV, Caffeinated Capital, Freestyle Capital, and D1.
We love polymathic people with open-mindedness and intellectual curiosity.
Our Engineering Values: - Bonded by Love for Product - High Quality Code Base - Start-to-finish Ownership - Actively Practices Inclusion - Open Communication - Eats Lunch Together - Flexible Work Arrangements
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.