- San Francisco, CA, United States
Airtable is a powerful database with a user-friendly interface, which presents unique challenges and opportunities. When users figure out how to structure their tables, fields and views to map to their particular workflow, or simply use the best template, the productivity they unlock is massive. The Growth team’s job is to run iterative experiments on the onboarding, dashboard, and other experiences to help the largest number of users get the most value from Airtable.
We’re looking for Growth Engineers with Full-Stack engineering skills and experience with, or a desire to learn, Growth experimentation techniques. The ideal candidate will be able to use their deep engineering expertise to make changes on the backend and frontend to drive additional sign ups, activated users and revenue. This role will help identify and prioritize opportunities and be closely mentored by our head of growth, Darius Contractor (https://www.linkedin.com/in/dariusmc/).
What you'll do
- Work at all levels of the stack from AWS+Node.JS+SQL to React+HTML+CSS
- Understand our users via data and customer research, adding logging and building reports as needed
- Identify opportunities for improving Airtable based on data, research, and your own insight and creativity
- Deliver experiments at a high velocity and level of quality to move core user and revenue metrics
- Build out new flows, interfaces and features as needed to support a better site experience
- Create reusable and maintainable systems and abstractions
Who you are
- You’re a software engineering generalist who cares deeply about driving business impact via improving user experience
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right
- You want to work in growth at a company that is serious about data and experimentation
- You believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business
- You have a results-oriented approach, with an inherent ability to find innovative product changes, translate them into product specs, and finally deliver a higher-quality product
BONUS POINTS IF
- Experienced with both startups and large websites/apps
- Previous work in bottoms-up SaaS growth
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience. We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C (https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/czeMCYEXQ6U5n64sVOh8t?domain=forbes.com) from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.
Airtable was founded on the belief that software shouldn’t dictate how you work—you should dictate how it works. Our mission is to democratize software creation by enabling anyone to build the tools that meet their needs. Creators and creatives around the world use Airtable to do everything from cattle tracking to filmmaking. See our Airtable Universe gallery for examples of what people are doing with Airtable.
People from all walks of life and every corner of the globe use Airtable to get their work done. Over 100,000 organizations run on Airtable—from massive Fortune 500 companies to small nonprofits. They’ve created their own custom software for everything from managing viral video production, to planning UX research projects, to handling lost and found items at music festivals, to saving endangered languages ( https://try.airtable.com/case-studies ).
We're sweeping across certain industries: for instance, in the media vertical, our paid customers include Netflix, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, Group Nine, HBO, Starz, Spotify, Hearst, Time, NYTimes, and CBS. Other innovative companies like WeWork, Clover Health, and Zapier are powered by Airtable nearly wall to wall, and we're a major part of their ability to innovate at scale.
We recently raised a Series D, bringing our total amount raised to $355M in funding from notable investors including Benchmark, Thrive, Coatue, CRV, Caffeinated Capital, Freestyle Capital, and D1.
We love polymathic people with open-mindedness and intellectual curiosity.
Our Engineering Values: - Bonded by Love for Product - High Quality Code Base - Start-to-finish Ownership - Actively Practices Inclusion - Open Communication - Eats Lunch Together - Flexible Work Arrangements
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.