- San Francisco, CA, United States
Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. We are developing a powerful and extensible toolkit that our customers can leverage to solve a variety of different problems and workflows. It has been extremely rewarding to see the incredible things our users accomplish with Airtable. We’ve seen our most sophisticated customers use the product to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing and 3D printing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth. The complexity of these use cases requires us to be extremely thoughtful about how we design and implement new functionality in the product and make sure it’s both easy to use and comprehend for our customers and maintainable for us.
The Growth team is responsible for helping more people succeed with Airtable and become customers. In 2021, that means we’re focused on user growth, monetization, and making improvements across the product that help people get the most value out of Airtable. You will work side-by-side with our designers, PMs, marketers and other engineers to tackle projects that deliver impact on the areas of user growth and monetization. You’ll develop a deep understanding of our architecture and codebase while also learning about our product and the customers that use it.
What you'll do
- Use your full-stack engineering knowledge to build user-facing experiences and engineering systems that optimize growth and monetization.
- Work at all levels of the stack from Node.JS+SQL to React+HTML+CSS.
- Identify opportunities for improving Airtable based on data, research, and your own insight and creativity.
- Create reusable and maintainable systems and abstractions to help us move faster as a development team.
Who you are
- You have 2+ years experience as a software engineering generalist who cares deeply about driving business impact via improving user experience.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in growth at a company that is serious about data and experimentation.
- You believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business.
- You have a results-oriented approach, with an inherent ability to find innovative product changes, translate them into product specs, and finally deliver a higher-quality product. You are comfortable driving decisions forward in ambiguous environments.
- You have a strong background in computer science, with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
BONUS POINTS IF
- Experienced with both startups and large websites/apps
- Previous work in bottoms-up SaaS growth
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.
Airtable was founded on the belief that software shouldn’t dictate how you work—you should dictate how it works. Our mission is to democratize software creation by enabling anyone to build the tools that meet their needs. Creators and creatives around the world use Airtable to do everything from cattle tracking to filmmaking. See our Airtable Universe gallery for examples of what people are doing with Airtable.
People from all walks of life and every corner of the globe use Airtable to get their work done. Over 100,000 organizations run on Airtable—from massive Fortune 500 companies to small nonprofits. They’ve created their own custom software for everything from managing viral video production, to planning UX research projects, to handling lost and found items at music festivals, to saving endangered languages ( https://try.airtable.com/case-studies ).
We're sweeping across certain industries: for instance, in the media vertical, our paid customers include Netflix, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, Group Nine, HBO, Starz, Spotify, Hearst, Time, NYTimes, and CBS. Other innovative companies like WeWork, Clover Health, and Zapier are powered by Airtable nearly wall to wall, and we're a major part of their ability to innovate at scale.
We recently raised a Series D, bringing our total amount raised to $355M in funding from notable investors including Benchmark, Thrive, Coatue, CRV, Caffeinated Capital, Freestyle Capital, and D1.
We love polymathic people with open-mindedness and intellectual curiosity.
Our Engineering Values: - Bonded by Love for Product - High Quality Code Base - Start-to-finish Ownership - Actively Practices Inclusion - Open Communication - Eats Lunch Together - Flexible Work Arrangements
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.