- Austin, TX, United States
- Denver, CO, United States
- Azure Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to join our ground software team and lead internal pipeline infrastructure. You will be responsible for the end-to-end process of accepting raw pixels from our ground stations to delivering processed imagery products into customer cloud storage bins. You’ll work in close collaboration with the product team to develop powerful APIs for imagery processing and delivery features. In addition, you’ll work even more closely with the geospatial team to ensure image quality and maturity as it flows through the pipeline.
What You'll Do
- Identify and implement data processing at scale that minimizes total latency, being mindful of repeatedly copying massive imagery files, maximizing parallel processing, and moving end-to-end timelines from hours and minutes into seconds and milliseconds
- Enable efficient and quick access to archives of imagery for both customers and internal processes
- Lead imagery storage strategy built on cloud-based platforms like AWS or Azure
- Create internal processes to continuously monitor performance, storage efficiency and usage, and detect performance issues
- Collaborate closely with the product team on API features for processing and delivery as well as with the infrastructure team to accurately pre-process imagery products
- Lead long-term vision for image processing, delivery, and storage as the amount of collected imagery steadily increases
- Work with the Sales team to Interact and collect feedback from customers to continuously improve the customer experience
- Detect, troubleshoot, and support application and infrastructure issues
Ideal Technical Skills and Experience
- 5-7+ years of software development experience in production environments
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing at the architecture level for low latency large scale parallel data processing
- Robust experience across all phases of building out with multiple cloud-based platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience building intuitive and powerful REST APIs
- Experience with image formats and standards such as COGS, WMTS, STAC, tiles, etc.
- Experience building infrastructure monitoring technology, such as, dashboards, alerts and predictive models. Also, experience identifying issues and fixing problems arising from the monitoring technology
- Knowledge of best practices concerning: cloud and application security, test-driven development (unit and integration), and release management.
Important Traits For This Role
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively pass on and share your knowledge with others
- A humble and open mind: willingness to accept feedback and learn, an effort to consistently improve upon yourself and the product you will be responsible for
- A high-degree of emotional intelligence: ability to collaborate closely with coworkers in a respectful and empathetic manner
- Belief in the value of diversity: active appreciation of each person’s unique perspective and realization that diversity produces better outcomes
Albedo designs and operates satellites that capture imagery at a resolution 9x higher than what's available today. We're modernizing how satellite imagery is used by providing transparent, near real-time access to our ultra-high resolution datasets.
Albedo is launching next-generation, ultra high-resolution imaging satellites to service a global audience through a modern, cloud-based product interface. In order to achieve this goal, we are looking for a team of people who are both passionate about our mission and are willing to put in the work to design, develop, and test an innovative earth observation concept in the commercial industry. The times ahead will be set in a fast-paced, often uncertain environment, but if you are hard-working, kind, and team-oriented, you can expect a rewarding and purposeful experience.
- Azure Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.