- Seattle, WA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Alo Moves is a platform where people can unite in their shared love of movement and mindfulness with a mission to empower people to live healthier, more fulfilled lives. We were one of the first to bring high-quality yoga classes to market via cloud services as Cody, serving a rich and vibrant community of yogis. We’ve since merged with Alo Yoga to increase our velocity, expand our reach, and continue to iterate on what it means to move mindfully using technology. Our team is a highly collaborative bunch who always seeks to be growing, both individually and collectively, and strives to lift each other up on a daily basis.
We are hiring a frontend engineer to help shape our web app that’s built largely with Rails and React. Our engineering team is small but growing, so the opportunity is yours to have a significant impact on our team. Below are some of the things you will do as part of our frontend team:
About the job
- Collaborate with your frontend teammates to help guide architectural decisions.
- Work with our design team on preliminary layouts to determine edge cases and potential user experience issues.
- Translate high-fidelity mockups into maintainable, performant components and responsive interfaces.
- Coordinate with our backend engineers to establish API specifications when building new features.
- Track browser changes and framework updates to maintain frontend best practices and mitigate security risks.
- We’re looking for someone with a solid set of frontend skills and familiarity with the thinking that comes with software development and problem solving.
- You will help drive many projects from inception to completion, including all the small details that come with building great software.
Below are the skills we are looking for, though we don’t expect you to be an expert on day one:
- Experience with hooks-based React and state management.
- Familiarity with CSS-in-JS styling paradigms such as Styled Components or Emotion. +Experience with Webpack and Babel or similar tools is a plus. +Knowledge of Rails, Angular, class-based React, and Redux is also helpful.
Additionally you are someone who:
- Communicates technical concepts in an approachable, non-technical way.
- Empathizes with the people who build and use our platform.
- Calls out things you disagree with while also taking the time to listen.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative, supportive environment while being a self-starter.
Pay and Benefits
- Competitive pay with benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k with company match
- Flexible work schedule and PTO
- Flexible work from home policy (we are currently fully remote)
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Healthy snack bar and in-office workout area
- Positive company culture with frequent team outings
About Alo Moves
Alo Moves is a platform where people can build their physical and mental practices in yoga, fitness, learn new skills (e.g. handstands), meditation, etc. by accessing highest-quality instructional videos on the market and tapping into a rich, vibrant community of other practitioners and teachers. We were one of the first to market to bring high-quality yoga instructions videos via cloud services as Cody. Now we’ve merged with Alo Yoga to increase our velocity, expand our reach, and continue to iterate on what it means to move mindfully using technology.
You work hard and do your best, but you also need time for you, and we respect that. Treat people with kindness and compassion, and be open to feedback.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.