- Azure Cloud
Alto is looking for a candidate that relishes leading a small, focused team on the company's most challenging software problems. This individual must lead by example, have excellent communications skills, and know above all else that
it can be done.
We are looking for engineers who have 10+ years of software engineering experience, functional programming experience, preferably in a compiled language, and even more preferable if it's on the BEAM virtual machine! You should have experience in a startup or growth-stage company, as well as experience in SaaS products. Finally, we host our entire platform in AWS, and require a strong competency towards operating within their cloud platform.
If you're the type of engineer who finds joy in orchestrating systems which transact in orders of milliseconds and years then we have a great opportunity for you. We are building a wealth orchestration platform which enables anyone with a tax-advantaged IRA to invest in alternative assets such as: cryptocurrencies, real-estate, artwork, startups, and more!
This is an opportunity to build out an already booming platform in a fantastic collaborative team environment. So come join us on our mission to help millions of people unlock alternatives to build wealth for the future!
What You'll Do
- Build new services to meet critical product and business needs, using Elixir, which support hundreds of thousands of users.
- You'll support and mentor less experienced team members, helping them break down technical solutions and instill quality in their code.
- Champion the adoption of practical best practices and foster continuous improvement within the team.
- Ensure the team continuously delivers changes to production on time, with integrity.
- Work autonomously but put team goals above your own and are willing to go above and beyond when the team needs you.
- Communicate openly and support your team with human sensitivity.
- Hold customers and team members in high regard.
Nice To Haves
- Production systems experience in Elixir or Erlang
- 3+ years of functional programming experience
- Experience in SaaS products
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational data storage systems (Postgres, Redis, etc...)
- You've worked in a remote-first environment
- AWS Experience
Founded in 2015, Alto Solutions, Inc. (Alto) is a rapidly growing fintech startup based in Nashville, TN. At Alto. We’re building a next-generation platform to provide clients with the tools and opportunities they need to invest retirement funds into alternative assets. We’re empowering everyone to invest in what they choose and supporting their desire to take a more active role in shaping their financial future. The Alto platform streamlines the process for individual investors and advisors to access, research, and invest in alternative assets using retirement funds. It connects investors with private companies, fund managers, and over 50 recognized investment platforms, including AngelList, Coinbase, Republic, Masterworks, and EquityZen, that offer access to a wide range of alternative assets, including startups, shares in artwork, real estate, cryptocurrency, and more
Alto is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination of Any Kind
Alto is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alto are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alto encourages applicants of all ages.
We’re a rapidly-growing, Nashville-based fintech that’s changing how people save and invest in alternative assets like cryptocurrency, real-estate, artwork, farmland, and more! We’re creating a next-generation self-directed IRA platform to give people the tools they need to invest in things they know and care about. Plus, we have fun doing it. Our culture is all about empowerment, inspiration, and respect.
We’re looking for more innovative, passionate people to join us on our journey to help people create their own financial futures. Our goal is to transform the retirement investing industry, and we're building our team with people who are committed to our mission and values.
- Azure Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.