For the past four years, AltSchool has been building a technology-enabled network to empower and connect families, students, and teachers. We started by opening our first school back in fall 2013 and, since that time, we have expanded to schools across San Francisco and New York City. In partnership with our educators, our technology and design teams have created a platform to personalize learning and streamline school operations.
AltSchool currently runs a network of tuition-funded pre-kindergarten through 8th-grade lab schools throughout San Francisco and New York City. Our schools offer mixed-aged learning environments where technology helps educators create personalized, foundational knowledge and project-based learning experiences focused on developing the whole child.
We’re also building a network of partner schools who share a similar aim of transforming educational experiences for their students. Using AltSchool’s technology platform and the knowledge garnered from our lab schools, partner schools are optimizing their processes and creating their own whole-child, personalized learning environments.
We're making significant progress in advancing the current state of the k-12 classroom in both a private school and public school settings.
We have an incredibly talented staff from across a variety of tech and non-technical companies- our CTO and President used to run the Search team at Google.
We're now partnering and piloting our software and tools in public schools in different geo's around the US
- Our reporting structure is vey flat - everyone reports to the Head of Engineering.
- On a quarterly basis we organize ourselves in small project teams of 2-3 engineers.
- We develop code using a very agile methodology, focusing on small and quick iterations.
- We have a heavy focus on testing and code reviews.
- Collaboration both within the engineering org and with other functions (product, design, pedagogy) is one of our core pillars.
- We are trying to transform schools by moving them towards learner-centric education. This transforms into developing novel product experiences for teachers, students, parents and administrators.
- We are just starting on our hypergrowth curve - projecting to add 5x more students every year. We are looking for engineers that have experience in building scalable, flexible and secure technical solutions.
A fun workplace that is serious about work/life balance
3 weeks first year 4 weeks 2nd year Unlimited Sick days
Catered Lunch 3x per week
21 weeks fully paid after 12 months of continuous service
Standard Work From Home Wednesday and other days available and is per manager discretion
Some assistance may be available
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.