Software Engineer (Back-End)
As part of this role, you will be developing backend APIs and architecting the back-bone of our product Jenni (https://jenni.ai/). As a software engineer, you are our core product builders and obsessive problem solvers. You have a breadth of programming knowledge and the ability to deliver out-of-the-box solutions for challenging problems.
- A solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and functional programming.
- Familiarity with networking protocols and developing realtime web APIs (such as WebSockets/REST/gRPC).
- Experience working with serverless architectures and Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform (or equivalent).
- Experience with using database systems such as Firebase, PostgreSQL or NoSQL.
- Proficient in English.
- Experience with deploying machine learning models (MLOps).
- Experience working in an agile development environment and test-driven development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills along with the drive to work in a rapidly changing startup environment.
Altum is a startup team of pioneers aiming to distill the latest deep learning and natural language processing research to augment the human creative potential. We integrate smart solutions for our customers by accompanying cutting edge AI research with human-centered design. We have obtained pre-seed funding, noteworthy clientele, and a talented team of UCSD alumni.
We are ambitious and non-complacent. We have a hunger to achieve against great odds. We believe that making big bold bets is better than inaction.
We use the least to achieve the most. We avoid waste of time and resources by directing energy to high impact endeavors.
Everyone makes a difference by introducing new perspectives and fighting conformity. We embrace feedback while constantly challenging ideas.
Seeking the truth is of utmost importance. We strive to ensure that our knowledge never stagnates and that our decisions are driven by evidence.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.