- micro services
Ambra Health, a leading SaaS company in the healthcare technology field, is seeking a software engineer to maintain and enhance Ambra’s Web-based medical image storage system. At our core we are passionate, collaborative people focused on helping healthcare providers have an uncommon impact on patient health through technology.
This position is part of the Storage Engineering team, and would work closely with other engineers working remote from Hawaii, Florida, Boston and Texas, and Ambra Support teams located in Denver and New York. This is a large-scale, custom storage system that runs in public-cloud and private-cloud environments around the world. It manages many petabytes of data representing billions of medical images, with terabytes more added every day.
This is a remote position that requires US citizenship.
Senior Storage Engineer [Java/Scala, JVM, REST API, Linux]
- Design, implement, test and document new features and bug fixes for the Ambra Health storage system
- Work with Product Management and Professional Services to define requirements
- Solve scaling problems as the storage system grows
- Add support for new cloud environments
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Work with other engineers to integrate the storage system with other microservices
- Support DevOps on release automation, autoscaling, monitoring
- Productive self-starter, proactive, organized, own your code
- Industry experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems
- Solid knowledge of Java or Scala, JVM environment, Linux, SAAS technologies
- Familiar with databases (like Postgres) and in-memory caches (like KeyDB)
- Industry experience with high performance/throughput data processing
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, S3, SNS) a plus
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Good understanding of performance analysis
- Familiarity with Python or Perl is a plus, to work with the test harness
- Fluency in English, excellent communication skills. Experience with distributed teams
About Ambra Health
Ambra Health is a medical data and image management cloud software company. We are personally and professionally committed to the mission of delivering better care through better technology—right at the heart of the care network.
We are kind, considerate, hard working professionals who value getting features out the door into customer hands over all. We strongly believe the implementer decides, and give engineers autonomy to find the best solution to solve the problem.
- micro services
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.