- micro services
Ambra Health, a leading SaaS company in the healthcare technology field, is seeking a senior Perl software engineer to maintain and enhance the Ambra services API, one of the microservices in Ambra Health’s medical image exchange system.
The Ambra services API is a large-scale application that sits at the center of the Ambra product. The REST endpoints are responsible for providing control and access to all of the data (study, patient, image, etc) and it contains all of the business logic (authentication, permissions, associations, rules, etc) for workflows managing billions of medical images. The services API is used by the Ambra web application, mobile clients, image storage subsystem, on-site gateway devices (hospitals, imaging centers, doctors offices, etc), and third party applications.
This position is part of the web engineering team, and would work closely with other remote engineers and Ambra support teams located in Denver and New York. The team is passionate, collaborative, highly-skilled people creating technology that helps healthcare providers have a big impact on patient health.
Senior Perl Engineer (Perl, PostgreSQL, Keydb, Linux)
- Plan, evaluate, implement, test and document new features and bug fixes for the Ambra Health services API
- Work closely with Product Management and Prof. Services on requirements-
- Work with other engineers to integrate the services endpoints into other parts of the software
- Keep API documentation up to date
- Implement tests for all new functionality developed
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Support DevOps on release automation and monitoring
- Productive self-starter, proactive, organized, own your code
- Industry experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems
- Ability to focus on customer requirements, look past own interests
- Solid knowledge of Perl, PostgreSQL, Linux, REST API, and SAAS technologies
- Firm grasp of SQL, indexes, joins, query performance
- Familiar with in-memory caches (like Keydb & Redis)
- Industry experience with high performance/throughput data processing
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Good understanding of performance analysis
- Fluency in English, excellent communication skills
- Experience with distributed teams
About Ambra Health
Ambra Health is a medical data and image management cloud software company. We are personally and professionally committed to the mission of delivering better care through better technology—right at the heart of the care network.
We are kind, considerate, hard working professionals who value getting features out the door into customer hands over all. We strongly believe the implementer decides, and give engineers autonomy to find the best solution to solve the problem.
- micro services
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.