- New York, NY, United States
The American Express Intelligent Automation team is building an innovative enterprise automation platform that will increase the productivity of our colleagues. If you are passionate about the power of new technology, come join our team. We will be building a microservices platform that will utilize Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) , Business Process Management (BPM), and other innovative technology across the American Express enterprise.
You will learn an enormous range of technology and see it applied across the company. American Express has a tremendous opportunity to leverage new and disruptive technologies with an enterprise focus on automation. Come own the efforts of a new team defining and building a platform for automation enabling the adoption and proper application of ML and AI.
The team is empowered to shape our technology and product roadmap. Bring your talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities across an organization which is ripe with opportunity. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
This is a developer role. You should be a talented and experienced software engineer who is passionate about code quality, usability, stability and user experience.
Responsibilities will include:
• Building reusable cross platform components and front-end libraries for future use
• Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
• Solid understanding on modular design and single responsibility principle
• Thorough understanding of React.js, its core principles, and workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
• Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3
• Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
• Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
• Understanding differing security models, with knowledge of AuthN and AuthZ principles
• Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and GraphQL
• Solid understanding of JSON Schemas and OPEN API
• Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
• Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, yarn, etc.
• Strong understanding of Accessibility and Web Standards
• Experience with both Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
• Experience with using design language systems or similar
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Ability to perform benchmarking and optimization
• Ability to debug performance and memory issues in complex JS applications
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our principal products and services are charge and credit card products and travel-related services offered to consumers and businesses around the world. Learn more at https://americanexpress.com, and learn more about Technology at American Express at https://americanexpress.io.
Since its inception, American Express' success has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt, and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect and community.
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. These include Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For and World's Most Admired Companies; Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Employers; and AnitaB.org's list of the Top Companies for Women Technologists.
World-class benefits and programs help our people to balance their professional and personal lives, while continuing to develop their skills and grow in their careers. These include enhanced leave policies for new parents (both moms and dads) welcoming a child through birth, adoption or surrogacy; tuition reimbursement; scholarships for employees' children; Reward Blue recognition program; American Express Leadership Academy development program; technical training; diversity networks; communities of technical practice; Healthy Living wellness and fitness program; Healthy Minds program; Smart Saving program; and Serve2Gether, Give2Gether and Green2Gether social engagement programs.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.