Java Engineer - Intelligent Automation
- New York, NY, United States
Java Engineer - Intelligent Automation Team
If you are passionate about the power of new technology, come join the automation team. You will learn an enormous range of technology and see it applied across the company.
American Express has an enormous opportunity to leverage new and disruptive technologies with an enterprise focus on automation. Come own the efforts of a new team defining and building a platform for robotic process automation enabling the adoption and proper application of technologies like machine learning, optical character recognition, natural language processing, and overall business process management. RPA (Robotic Process Automation) and BPM are the next evolution of the microservice architecture. The team is empowered to shape our technology and product roadmap. Bring your talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities across an organization which is ripe with opportunity. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity. The business opportunity is real and will translate to development of the right leader’s personal skills, career path, and provide wide visibility across multiple American Express business units. Depending on your career path, the role may grow into a technical leader (staff engineer) or transition into an engineering director as the team develops.
- Building an enterprise software platform
- Learning new technologies and building integrations into many platforms
- Providing leadership by example for a high-performance team of software engineers
- Creating a strong technical foundation; able to define architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures, systems, and interface design
- Hand-on development
- Leading code reviews and automated testing
- Be a technology evangelist and innovator introducing new tools and technologies to American Express.
- Identify new use cases and opportunities to embrace innovative technologies. Educate business partners.
- Influence team members by challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing creative ideas
- 3+ years of Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience
- Expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Deep understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban
- Experience with large scale systems and resource management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and the ability to influence and optimize input from key partners
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our principal products and services are charge and credit card products and travel-related services offered to consumers and businesses around the world. Learn more at https://americanexpress.com, and learn more about Technology at American Express at https://americanexpress.io.
Since its inception, American Express' success has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt, and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect and community.
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. These include Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For and World's Most Admired Companies; Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Employers; and AnitaB.org's list of the Top Companies for Women Technologists.
World-class benefits and programs help our people to balance their professional and personal lives, while continuing to develop their skills and grow in their careers. These include enhanced leave policies for new parents (both moms and dads) welcoming a child through birth, adoption or surrogacy; tuition reimbursement; scholarships for employees' children; Reward Blue recognition program; American Express Leadership Academy development program; technical training; diversity networks; communities of technical practice; Healthy Living wellness and fitness program; Healthy Minds program; Smart Saving program; and Serve2Gether, Give2Gether and Green2Gether social engagement programs.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.