- Phoenix, AZ, United States
The award-winning Mobile team (#1 in JD Power 2021 Mobile App survey) is responsible for the delivery of new features and capabilities in the Amex Mobile App, used by tens of millions of Amex cardholders across 22 markets globally. The team builds interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. Our mission statement is to be essential in our card members’ digital lives by providing convenience, value and delight wherever they are.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. Your primary responsibilities will be to work on a small team of engineers developing mobile products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of our APIs that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Works closely with other developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Contribute insights into ways to improve our processes and tools
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Collaborates with project manager and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain REST APIs
- Provides thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or 2+ years of equivalent experience in related disciplines
- Knowledge of developing and emerging standards in server side and REST APIs
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in REST API Development and 3 years of experience in Software Development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect applications to back-end services using asynchronous network calls
- Experience with Object Oriented programming in a Java environment
- Experience with the following patterns/technologies:
- Dependency Injection
- Experience with Git
- Experience with JUnit
- Experience with logging libraries
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting code
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our principal products and services are charge and credit card products and travel-related services offered to consumers and businesses around the world. Learn more at https://americanexpress.com, and learn more about Technology at American Express at https://americanexpress.io.
Since its inception, American Express' success has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt, and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect and community.
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. These include Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For and World's Most Admired Companies; Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Employers; and AnitaB.org's list of the Top Companies for Women Technologists.
World-class benefits and programs help our people to balance their professional and personal lives, while continuing to develop their skills and grow in their careers. These include enhanced leave policies for new parents (both moms and dads) welcoming a child through birth, adoption or surrogacy; tuition reimbursement; scholarships for employees' children; Reward Blue recognition program; American Express Leadership Academy development program; technical training; diversity networks; communities of technical practice; Healthy Living wellness and fitness program; Healthy Minds program; Smart Saving program; and Serve2Gether, Give2Gether and Green2Gether social engagement programs.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.