AMP Robotics is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to revolutionize the way we recycle. Positioned at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and recycling, our solution matches deep learning and computer vision with robots that rapidly sort materials inside recycling facilities. We intend to transform the industry and have already deployed robots across the United States to dramatically reduce costs and increase efficiency of recycling operations.
Our dedicated and innovative team is located in Louisville, Colorado , with views of Boulder’s flatirons and the Rocky Mountains inspiring us to work toward our mission every single day. With backing from top tier investors including Sequoia and recognition as a “Rising Star Company of the Year” in the 2020 Global Cleantech 100, we’re gaining momentum and looking for exceptional talent to support our journey. Find out more at www.amprobotics.com.
At AMP Robotics, we've quickly built complex infrastructure to enable our engineering group. AMP synthesizes robotics, machine learning, microservice infrastructure, cloud computing, and data warehousing to power our fleet of industrial robots. We are ready to continue our charge into infrastructure by hiring a DevOps Technical Lead. For us, DevOps means enabling our engineering teams to sprint ahead along the bleeding edge by automating away the menial, and laying down foundations that are natural to extend. As our DevOps lead, you will continue to build AMP’s DevOps department and lead our cross-stack infrastructure effort. We are looking for someone with a strong background in development and infrastructure, who has built and maintained systems that have stood the test of high user load, or large computing load. We need someone who is data oriented, quick to learn, and excited to communicate cross-departmentally with all of our software teams to ensure that our core infrastructure continues to grow more robust.
As our DevOps Lead, you will work to:
- Build and maintain the bridge between development and operations
- Design, improve, and maintain our software release systems including rollout, system health, and commissioning
- Translate pain points in operations back into engineering effort
- Enable everyone in the organization to work more effectively by creating tooling
- Unifying and integrating our existing tools
- Design continued solutions for fleet management.
- Build a better data pipeline from our distributed systems to the cloud
- Manage our data in the cloud
- Enable secure but easy access to our data in the cloud so that we can build new tools more quickly
- Build a DevOps team
- Take on a player-coach role - contributing directly toward objectives while leading others
- Observe bandwidth gaps and design roles that will address and enhance team capabilities and performance
- Provide objectives to formal and informal team members that ensure AMP’s infrastructure is moving with the company
- Schedule development cross-departmentally to achieve the DevOps objectives
Your background and experience will likely include:
- Project management experience
- Data pipeline experience either in SQL, semi-structured, or time series domains
- Intermediate level Python
- Background in microservice web applications
- Practitioner’s knowledge of containerization and container orchestration
- CI/CD experience
- Cloud administration experience
- Big data background
- Machine learning familiarity
- Linux networking
- C++ background
- Unabating curiosity
- A taste for design
- Strong opinions about coffee
Please note, this role is based in Louisville, Colorado just outside of Boulder.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About AMP Robotics
The AMP Cortex™ high-speed robotics system automates the identification and sorting of recyclables from mixed material streams. The AMP Neuron™ AI platform uses computer vision and machine learning to continuously train itself by recognizing different colors, textures, shapes, sizes, patterns, and even brand labels to identify materials and their recyclability. Neuron then guides industrial robots to consistently perform sorting tasks more than twice as quickly as humanly possible, and with much greater accuracy. The AI platform also creates data transparency and insights on waste characterization and operational performance so recycling facilities can optimize their business and extract the most value from the material stream.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.