Staff Product Engineer, Growth
- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Amazon AWS
- React JS
Amplitude is the pioneer in digital optimization software. More than 1,400 customers, including Atlassian, Instacart, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to power their digital products. Amplitude makes product data accessible to every member of an organization, empowering them to make data-driven decisions that fuel faster product innovation and growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Role & Team
We’re looking for a Staff Product Engineer who can own technical visioning and engineering of complete systems that impact customer acquisition, monetization, and customer retention as a key member of Amplitude’s Growth team. You’ll be part of the engineering team and work across teams with people from product, marketing, customer success, and design. Everything you work on will have a direct and measurable impact on Amplitude’s business metrics and trajectory while also improving the user experience. If you have a mix of frontend and backend development, strong systems and product thinking, owned projects end to end in the past, and want to use your technical skills to drive business growth, this role could be a great fit.
What does this team do:
The Growth Engineering team is dedicated to applying product, engineering, and data to keep Amplitude growing as fast as possible. To scalably grow Amplitude, we build features, infrastructure, and experiments that maximize growth. We help new/returning/dormant users discover, activate on their core use cases and build a habit. Deepen their engagement through discovery of relevant features and expand what they can do with Amplitude over time.
Our work ranges from iterating on our core user experience across our entire stack to improve free to paid conversion. We own the user lifecycle and drive multi-product activation, retention and expansion.
As a Staff Product Engineer on Growth, you will:
- Work across our entire stack using Typescript, React + Redux, CSS Modules, GraphQL, Node, Python, Postgres, and MySQL.
- Set the technical vision and build engineering-driven roadmaps for parts of the team
- Architect major initiatives to build a scalable foundation and fuel our growth
- Lead and mentor other engineers on the team
- Lead projects, from ideation and implementation, through to launch
- Design and implement features and improvements in all of Amplitude’s products (Analytics, Experiment, Recommend) to increase retention and engagement (ex. New user experience, onboarding, invite flows, feature adoption)
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with product and design teams to iterate on our products
- Design analytics taxonomy & implement analytics tracking to enable and guide our data-driven approach
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have at least 5 years of experience working in a frontend or fullstack engineering role.
- Have experience leading the design and implementation of long-term initiatives/systems in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and other stakeholders
- Can create motivating technical visions that both empower engineering teams and setup the business for success in the long-term
- Have a bias for action; you’d rather implement, learn from results, and iterate quickly than spend a lot of time tweaking and perfecting things before launching to end users.
- Growth mindset: are motivated by moving metrics and driving concrete business outcomes while solving customer pain points
- Can rapidly prototype solutions as well as take a concept to production
- Bonus points if you:
- Have previous experience on a growth team, or know product-led growth fundamentals
- Have previous experience as a technical leader of an engineering team
- Have thorough knowledge of AB testing & experimentation.
- Have experience with Personalization or Recommendation systems
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a generous parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital optimization system – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech company to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Amplitude is the #1 product analytics solution according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We’ve hired more than 300 people in 2021 and have operations in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude is a recently public and market-leading product analytics company that help companies use data to build better products. Founded in 2012 and backed by Benchmark, Battery, and IVP, we're the fastest growing analytics company with thousands of customers who are creating outsized competitive advantages with user behavior data including Block, Intuit, Hubspot, and Mozilla.
We operate with three core values: ownership, humility, and growth mindset. This allows every individual to have a say in how we build our product and company and has been the foundation for our rapid growth.
- Amazon AWS
- React JS
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.