Senior Software Engineer - Marketplace Growth
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
About the Team:
At Apartment List, we build a marketplace between renters and apartments, which helps the renters explore, contact, and eventually sign a lease with, the apartments that they would call home. In order to build a cohesive and efficient product experience across the whole journey, we recently created a Growth team, as a sub-team of the larger Marketplace organization, to optimize the whole funnel from registration to lease. We are a full-stack product team, working on user experience, on web, iOS, and Android. We work closely with cross-functional partners across product, design, and analytics.
Here is what you'll do as part of the team:
- Develop user-facing experiences across platforms, to help renters discover, navigate through, and contact apartments that potentially match their needs.
- Run A/B tests and make data-driven optimizations to improve the efficiency of the marketplace.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across the Marketplace organization to deliver better experience to our users.
- Make contributions to codebases across platforms, from our core API to our primary web application written in Rails 5 and React.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and analysts on the whole lifecycle of product
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience required
- 5 years of experience in organizations with a solid engineering process
- Passionate about building full-stack, highly scalable and customizable product experiences.
- Attention attention to detail and are able to implement creative and technically sound solutions to product challenges
- Solid software development skills and computer science fundamentals.
- A huge plus if you have worked on a Growth engineering team.
What's in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and to learn new development skills.
- Encouraged to explore new technologies and to adopt them in our product development.
- Empowered to participate the whole development cycle, and drive important product decisions.
- Lots of cool team building events, team offsites, company ski trip, and an annual sales conference which is followed up with an epic closing party!
Apartment List is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
About Apartment List
At Apartment List, our mission is to find you a home and our method is trust and transparency. With tons of homes and apartments for rent in almost every state, city, and neighborhood across the nation, we‘re here to help you find your next home.
Here’s how it works: first, we get to know you. You’ll answer a few simple questions and we’ll find the best matches – just for you. Then, we mix and match your personalized results, making it easy to discover places with the perfect combination of price, location, and amenities. From there, we help you figure out which listings are best to visit and eventually lease, showing you up-to-date pricing and availability, rent specials, and much more. After all, everyone deserves a home they love.
Its a value-driven culture. We are very customer-centric and very employee forward.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.