- San Francisco
The purpose of this role is to serve as a senior software engineer and application architect, significantly contributing to both the application development of systems and the long term vision (and execution) of Aperio’s enterprise architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand all Aperio processes and how various software components support them.
- Work with the team to translate existing requirements into robust, scalable software solutions.
- Help lead the overall system design vision and transition from our current system architecture to the end goal architecture.
- Provide consistent improvements to Aperio’s codebase and choice of third party enterprise software components.
- Translate technical improvements into business process improvements, understandable by business stakeholders.
- Coach and mentor team members on software architecture knowledge gaps.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years experience in similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively, supporting various business departments.
- Expert ability to document and present architectural proposals/plans
- Seasoned Python background or related experience with modern object-oriented languages (Java, Scala, etc)
- Building large enterprise software systems that deal with reference data, daily batched data updates and real time streaming data.
- Building web applications and integrating them with other software systems.
- Experience in an AWS ecosystem.
- Relational database and unstructured data stores
- Logging and monitoring frameworks
- Containerization and related tools
- ETL and batch processing frameworks, pub / sub and streaming frameworks
About Aperio Group
Aperio Group is a $32+ billion investment manager working primarily with ultra-high-net-worth investors, usually through their wealth managers, and with institutional investors. We design and manage customized portfolios that deliver pre-tax performance of indexing with client-specific customizations, including active tax management and active risk reduction.
People are at the center of all we do. At Aperio, the client is sacred. We do our best for our clients, and we treat them the way we want to be treated. We are respectful, honest, and accountable. Our employees are exceptional people who apply these principles every day, and we value them greatly. We encourage them to think outside the box and take chances with the challenges they face every day, to grow their careers. Our work environment is collaborative, engaging, genuine, and fun!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.