- San Francisco
Aperio’s unique approach to portfolio management requires development of custom software to ensure efficient and accurate execution of our daily tasks. Therefore, security, accuracy, and reliability are paramount, considering the volume of business that Aperio handles daily.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will be a part of our highly collaborative systems development team. You will play a key role in ensuring that every release of our internal software performs as specified by the business owners, and fulfills Aperio’s high standards in security, accuracy, and reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate, alongside the development team, in gathering requirements and processes to be implemented into Aperio custom software ecosystem.
- Learn from the development team about the technical details and technologies used in implementing said requirements and processes.
- Pro-actively explore for weak and failure points in requirements, user stories, test cases, and imagine ways users may misunderstand prescribed ways to use a feature or application.
- Design, automate, and execute test strategy for said applications/features.
- Maintain existing test infrastructure; overhaul and redesign when required by new features/technologies.
- Groom existing test cases for selection into Smoke/Regression suites.
- Report, document, and communicate failures discovered through testing with the affected teams.
- Retest, and document follow through with failure resolution.
- Research new technologies to improve our efficiency and to keep up with current software development best practices.
- Drive overall quality process by encouraging discipline in versioning, documentation, and deployment processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of software or test software development.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, or related fields; or equivalent industry experience
- Familiarity with test concepts: white-/black-/grey-box testing, acceptance/regression test, system integration test.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for soliciting relevant information for a project from different teams.
- Experience with good programming or scripting practices and tools: code review, distributed repositories (Mergurial, Git), CI techniques and tools.
- Experience with creating/maintaining test automation infrastructure and framework.
- Endless curiosity and ability to spot failure points.
- Python skills and experience are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Agile software development process desirable.
- Experience in application security testing desirable.
- Familiarity with web application components: basic database manipulation, server/client architecture, CI techniques and tools desirable.
- Related experience in the financial or investment sector is a big plus.
About Aperio Group
Aperio Group is a $32+ billion investment manager working primarily with ultra-high-net-worth investors, usually through their wealth managers, and with institutional investors. We design and manage customized portfolios that deliver pre-tax performance of indexing with client-specific customizations, including active tax management and active risk reduction.
People are at the center of all we do. At Aperio, the client is sacred. We do our best for our clients, and we treat them the way we want to be treated. We are respectful, honest, and accountable. Our employees are exceptional people who apply these principles every day, and we value them greatly. We encourage them to think outside the box and take chances with the challenges they face every day, to grow their careers. Our work environment is collaborative, engaging, genuine, and fun!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.