Software Engineer (Privacy/ML)
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Cambridge, ENG, United Kingdom
- Objective C
Some people believe that in order to build intelligent products using ML you need to sacrifice privacy. We see this as an opportunity to innovate. If you are passionate about privacy and machine learning, we need your help!
- Ability and passion to deliver extraordinary results with minimal direction
- Ability to quickly learn and modify large, existing codebase
- Proficient in one or more of Java, Python or C++
- Proficient in Objective-C or Swift
- Strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming
- Commitment to high quality, well-tested code
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Understanding Differential Privacy a plus
- Experience or interest in ML is a plus
You will be working in the PriML team, at Apple. We are the team responsible for developing technologies that enable ML with strong privacy guarantee, such as Private Federated Learning. Your valuable work will impact the lives of millions of Apple users worldwide.
You will design and implement privatization methods that run on hundreds of millions of devices; work with machine learning engineers to evaluate and implement cutting edge private learning algorithms; write Spark code that processes more than 1 billion messages a day. You will review designs and code by others and provide constructive feedback. You will share your expertise and mentor others, while continuously learning from colleagues. You will be working directly with world-class researchers, and collaborating with various teams across Apple.
Based in Cambridge, we work closely with teams across Apple worldwide. This means occasional evening meetings with teams outside UK, and limited international travel may be required.
If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Strong computer science fundamentals required - no matter how you got them.
The Siri team at Apple is split into two groups. The Core Siri group builds all the infrastructure to connect Siri with Apple products, and the Proactive Intelligence group takes the intelligence software Siri has built and applies it to other Apple products
- Objective C
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.