- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- Objective C
Have you booked a flight and it was magically added to your calendar? Made dinner plans in Messages and got a suggestion to turn on Do Not Disturb before the event? Siri is just beginning to add intelligence across our platforms and we need your help. You will build intelligent features, making the system faster and smarter, while respecting user privacy. Your ideas will impact hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
We are a growing, talented, and motivated team focused on developing natural language-driven features that accelerate the user experience and then scaling them to all the languages that Apple serves, while respecting user privacy. We work on challenging problems in areas related to information extraction from structured and unstructured text, with a particular focus on international and natural language understanding. We will consider candidates with exceptional track records in these areas, as well as candidates who are early in their careers and exhibit strong potential for growth.
You'll ship code that runs on the devices you use every day and powers products that enhance the lives of millions of users. You'll commit code on your second day.
To succeed in this role, you must be a strong programmer and a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. You love building elegant user experiences, tackling impossible problems, and you have a passion for the customer experience. You enjoy learning new things and creating life-changing applications. You possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and debugging. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design.
- Exceptional development experience at the application level with Objective-C, Swift, or C++
- Knowledge of Apple’s development APIs
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs and experience in low-latency programming
- Excels at taking end-to-end ownership over a problem, from design to engineering execution
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals required - no matter how you got them
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Desired (but not required) experience/skills
- Frameworks programming experience
- Strong API design knowledge
- Experience with Natural Language Processing is a plus
- Experience with macOS and iOS is a plus
- Knowledge of web development technologies is a plus
The Siri team at Apple is split into two groups. The Core Siri group builds all the infrastructure to connect Siri with Apple products, and the Proactive Intelligence group takes the intelligence software Siri has built and applies it to other Apple products
- Objective C
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.