- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Apprente is using state of the art Machine Learning technology to completely transform customer service interactions through conversational AI agents. With our agents, customers can interact with information systems in the most natural way possible - through using their own voice speaking naturally in the same way they would interact with a human. Companies from various industries are exploring new ways of building products and services that leverage Apprente’s patented technology and unique approach to solving this problem.
Apprente is seeking a highly skilled Quality Assurance Lead to spearhead testing and evaluation of our cutting-edge voice based conversational AI systems. The QA Lead will design and implement automated and manual tests, provide detailed feedback to the R&D teams and management, and suggest new ideas for improving our products. The successful candidate would form an integral part of a growing team of engineers and researchers directly contributing to the R&D efforts through continuous quantitative evaluation of the system. Over time, the QA Lead would build and manage a team of QA engineers.
This position requires a keen eye for detail, excellent organizational and communication skills and a passion for creating the best interactive intelligent AI agents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create detailed and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Plan and coordinate testing activities
• Design, develop and execute automated tests in Python
• Manually review logs and external test results to determine root causes and suggest courses of action to improve the product
• Track performance metrics and evaluate regressions
• Provide structured and rigorous feedback to the R&D and management team
• Critical thinking and a problem solving mindset
• 5+ years of QA experience (writing and executing tests)
• Experience with coding in Python
• Strong quantitative skill
• BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering or Linguistics
• Management experience is preferred by not required
• Experience / knowledge in (computational) linguistics is a plus
• Familiarity with machine learning evaluation metrics is a plus
US CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS ONLY, PLEASE
We are unable to sponsors visas for this position
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
About Apprente, Inc.
Our mission is simple – to automate and enrich customer service interactions using voice-based conversational AI agents. To achieve this goal, we’ve taken an ambitious technical approach leveraging proprietary, neuroscience-inspired mechanisms for learning and memory. The result are systems that grow their communication skill in a manner similar to the way children acquire language – by continually learning from interactions with users and incrementally building on simple-to-complex findings.
The team is diverse and easy going. We are pretty fair with WFH when needed, however, our deadlines can be pretty harsh. We all help one another and though everyone has an opinion, we are all respectful. There are sometimes hugs in the morning and whiskey on Friday afternoons.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.