- New York, NY, United States
At Arthur, we are building the first platform for Responsible AI. We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to design & build APIs and developer tools that will empower our customers and our internal teams. The ideal candidate will be a strong hands-on coder but will also be a passionate advocate for technical users of our back-end systems, have foundational skills in designing & building APIs and/or SDKs, and will guide and grow the skills of our back-end engineering teams.
As Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Design & implement scalable REST APIs that are consumed by our customers & our internal team for both front-end interfaces and programmatic consumption
- Work closely with our data engineering team to build a back-end platform that can resiliently ingest petabytes of data for our multi-tenant, highly-available SaaS platform.
- Define a testing & monitoring strategy to ensure versioned, stable, scalable code can be continuously released without impact to our customers
- Make proactive recommendations about what technologies & paradigms are right given our goals & constraints
- Exhibit continuous curiosity in understanding emerging technology that improve our ability to deliver
- Mentor others on engineering best practices
- 4+ years software engineering experience with an emphasis on building backend services
- Experience with backend REST-ful frameworks like Flask, FastAPI, Play, Lift
- Experience designing & building unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests for a microservices architecture
- Experience integrating with DBs, SQL or NoSql, such as Postgres
- Expert-level proficiency in at least one development language, such Python, Scala, or Java
- Experience securing application code using role-based access control (RBAC)
- CS (preferred) or other technical degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with cloud environments such as AWS and GCP
- Experience contributing to open-source software, building SDKs, or CLIs
- Familiarity with machine learning & AI
- Familiarity with enterprise integration technologies & protocols such as SAML and LDAP
- Experience running a 24x7 SaaS platform with an SLA
- Working with a small, fast-growing team, lots of opportunity to take ownership and run with projects
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup, working with a cutting-edge technology stack
- Generous equity
- A culture that empowers great people to accomplish great things
- Full benefits package
About Arthur AI
Arthur AI is the first production AI monitoring platform, giving enterprises the tools to detect model issues proactively, in real-time to maximize their effectiveness. The Arthur AI platform brings auditability and transparency to black box models, and can be configured to monitor for unwanted bias.
Arthur’s Trusted AI platform offers a single pane of glass to all of your production models, outlining where models may be inaccurate due to any one of many statistical metrics
We are a scrappy, highly motivated team with varied & diverse backgrounds, who value honest feedback, transparency, and collaboration in order to make our product & our processes better. We are early enough in our journey that our next set of hires can influence the culture!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.