askSpoke’s mission is to make sharing knowledge and managing workplace requests a simple and delightful experience. We do this through thoughtfully designed product experiences, enhanced with elegant and robust AI.
Software Engineer - Backend New York, NY, United States, San Francisco, CA, United States, or Remote
Software Engineer - ML New York, NY, United States, San Francisco, CA, United States, or Remote
We are making a dent in a massive B2B software market that is ripe for disruption, with an employee experience platform that includes:
- Internal ticketing and service request
- Knowledge management and intranet
- Self-service chat bot backed with machine learning
- Employee directory and access management
Since launch, we've been growing our business 15% month-over-month. We've 350+ companies (SMB/mid-market to large enterprises) using askSpoke company-wide.
We are a small team of 30 (10 engineers) from Google and Twitter. We're building a talented but humble team where everyone has the opportunity to have an immediate impact.
We are backed by Accel and Greylock, and have raised $28 million in funding to date. Founders' previous comapny was acquired by Google.
We are a small engineering team working closely with each other. Most of us work across the stack while building deep expertise in certain modules. We operate on an eight-week themed release broken into two-week sprints. Each sprint begins with a meeting to discuss priorities and time estimates for features. Engineers work directly with product and design teams and completely own their feature. All engineers push code to production, which we often do multiple times a day. We use pull requests on Github for code reviews, and CircleCI for CI (test coverage > 95%). Engineer team plans and executes infrastructure and security projects. We do hackathon once every quarter.
We have an all-hands every Friday where we discuss progress across the company and show a demo of features engineers are working on.
• Building beautiful UIs that leverage design, conversational dialogue and AI to simplify, and at the same time augment traditional ticketing experience. • Designing an ML system that is constantly & quickly learning to respond to employee queries with, • Answers (that could reside anywhere - askSpoke, GDocs, Confluence, Workday, etc), or • Trigger necessary workflows (eg. order a software license), or • Find the right person to handle the query • Scaling our systems & processes while maintaining a very strict security posture.
Build new delightful context-aware features that provide the right information to employees and agents wherever they are (Slack, Teams and other workplace messengers, web, mobile, etc).
Build two-way integration with various other workplace software to unlock further knowledge access and automation.
Architecture and implement services and components to enable complex workflow (eg. manager approval, invoice processing, access management, etc)
Innovate and solve everything you hate about your company's intranet and IT/HR ticketing systems
We value a thoughtful & resourceful attitude towards work. Being respectful and humble. Constant innovation in engineering, design, product, and ML. We love it when people go out of their way to make our product better and customers successful. We are a transparent, inclusive and feedback-oriented team.
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.