Senior Satellite Network Operations Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Satellite Network Operations Engineer
This role will contribute to both commercial and our US government programs.
This person will help build up the Network Operations procedures, tools, and team. Network operations functions include:
- Payload configuration changes (carrier bringup/teardown, subchannel routing, power allocation)
- Payload Performance Optimizations
- Manage and execute Payload In Orbit Testing
Antenna System Operations
- Operate Gateway Antenna Systems
- Operate TTC Antenna Systems
Spectrum Monitoring Operations
- Monitor spectrum, manage thresholds and alarms
- Maintain spectrum monitoring systems
Manage the TTC physical link
- Manage Platform Hub Configuration
- Network Performance Optimizations
- 2+ years Commercial Satcom Network Ops experience
- Comfortable scripting, preferably in Python
- Strong wireless communications fundamentals
- Comfortable with link budgets
- Strong fundamentals in RF
- Understanding of Satcom antenna systems
- Comfort with L2/L3 Networking
- Strong Verbal Communication skills
- High Quality Documentation practices
- Experience in commercial VSAT platform operations, i.e. iDirect Dialog, Gilat SE 2c/4c
- Experience operating digital channelizer satcom payloads
- Experience in software development
- Experience operating large satellite earth stations
- 5+ years experience in Satcom Networks
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses. The base salary for this position ranges from $170,000 to $200,000 per year.
What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are infomed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career.
Check out this youtube video that breaks down, what we do here, our mission, and how you can help us.
We are a team of people who are simultaneously extremely smart and extremely nice. We work hard, but we make time to do fun activities and get to know each other. We have a love of learning, and as a very multidisciplinary team we are always learning from each other.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.