- San Francisco, CA, United States
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
We are in a hybrid work model here at Astranis. Typically 3 days a week onsite in at Pier 70, San Francisco. We offer relocation bonuses as well!
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Senior Flight Software Engineer
As a Senior Flight Software Engineer at Astranis, you will be responsible for assisting with architecture, high level design decisions, development, execution, and implementation of the flight software that commands and monitors the spacecraft.
Additionally, you will mentor junior members and collaborate with other teams to ensure that the software you've implemented works on their hardware.
- Develop Software for the Flight Computer on our Satellites
- Develop Firmware for control boards on the satellite
- Improve and deliver reliable software through requirements generation, continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- Collaborate with multiple teams (avionics, Ground Control, Telemetry)
- Develop software in C++ to interface with Flight computer and interface with the custom hardware on the vehicle
- Deliver complex projects through incremental development
- Mentor junior engineers
- Experience Developing software for products in modern C++ and Python
- Familiarity with Software Development Methodologies and Design Patterns
- Experience with working on Communication Protocols (TCP/IP, I2C, SPI)
- Good Communication and Written Skills
- Passionate about Space Technology
- Experience with Building High Availability/High Reliability systems.
- Experience with embedded Linux / POSIX systems
- Experience developing on and for VxWorks, Linux, FreeRTOS, or QNX Environments
- Demonstrated experience building, testing, and shipping production software
- Experience with safety critical development (FDA, FAA, Automotive)
- Experience Board Bringup, debugging / Integration of Hardware Software
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career.
We are a team of people who are simultaneously extremely smart and extremely nice. We work hard, but we make time to do fun activities and get to know each other. We have a love of learning, and as a very multidisciplinary team we are always learning from each other.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.