- San Francisco, CA, United States
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now! We also offer relocation bonuses for those who are not local and want to work in San Francisco! (Hybrid model - 3 days a week onsite, the rest remote!)
Flight Software Engineer
As our Flight Software Engineer, you will assist in the development, execution, and implementation of the flight software that commands and monitors the spacecraft.
Additionally, you will collaborate with other teams to ensure that the software you've implemented works on their hardware.
Role (one or more of)
- Implement spacecraft avionics software
- Implement ground control and telemetry software
- Implement software for automated testing at component, functional and system levels, including HITL (Hardware in the Loop) testing
- Implement low level software to interface with various spacecraft components
- Implement/troubleshoot/improve real time operating system components
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in CS, EE (or equivalent background knowledge)
- A passion for building things, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience with C and/or C++
- Experience with Python (or other high-level OO scripting language(s))
- Experience with Linux and shell command line tools
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with designing real time systems
- Experience with building bare-metal embedded system software
- Experience with reading schematics and datasheets, debugging circuits that interface with embedded software, from debugger to logic analyzer to oscilloscope
- Experience with web development frameworks and databases
- Experience with test framework development, especially with HITL (Hardware in the Loop) systems
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career.
We are a team of people who are simultaneously extremely smart and extremely nice. We work hard, but we make time to do fun activities and get to know each other. We have a love of learning, and as a very multidisciplinary team we are always learning from each other.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.