- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- AWS Lambda
ATHOS | www.liveathos.com
Are you a talented and highly motivated Senior iOS Engineer looking to join a growing and unique team that is constantly innovating to push the limits of human performance?
At Athos our mission is to build better athletes by helping coaches and athletes personalize their training and make better performance decisions. Our training system is used by many of the best sports programs in the country.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Architecting and engineering innovative features for the Athos iOS App
- Working with Design & Product teams to develop impactful athlete experiences
- Feature development & code refactoring to the highest standards
- Constantly improving quality of App including crashes & scalability
Our iOS Mobile team is responsible for:
- Ensuring our trainers & athletes achieve the experiences & value they need in real-time
- Working across functional teams to go from conceptualization to shipment of App
- New feature developments & architectural improvements
- Developing excellent customer experiences within the App that are scalable across Apple device factors
- Bringing new innovative use of Apple frameworks into the App
- Taking ownership for bugs, regressions & code optimizations
- Working closely with QA to ensure feature testing & completion
- Maintain testing and continuous integration platform
What You'll Do:
As Senior iOS Engineer you will work with the Athos iOS development team to develop next generation Athos apps for iPhone. You will Design and build advanced features for new releases of Athos’ iOS application and work closely with Athos UI/UX designers, Backend Engineers, QA & testers.
You will also be responsible for diving deep in Core Bluetooth layers and working with streaming data and architecting innovative solutions that are robust, scalable and address customer needs as they use the Athos system.
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 4 yrs experience building & shipping apps. Excellent communication skills, a fast learner & a great team player.
Extensive knowledge of:
- Swift + Objective-C
- Networking / REST
- Core Bluetooth
- iOS Concurrency
- Storyboards, Nibs, Adaptive layouts & UIKit
- Instruments and code profiling
- Design patterns & architectural principles
Bonus points for:
- Core Data
- OpenGL / Metal
- Knowledge of streaming systems
- Continuous Integration experience (Xcode server, Fastlane, Jenkins)
- XCTest, BDD/RSpec
- An interest in staying up-to-date on the latest technology in sports
What We Offer:
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- We pay 100% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability). We also pay 60% of dependent premiums (medical and dental).
- Flexible spending account, Commuter benefits, 401(k)
- Time off when you need it - Flexible PTO!
- Free daily lunch and exceptional snack game
- Mobile phone service reimbursement
- Love being active? We have company and team outings as well as an on-site gym and sports clubs.
More About Us:
Since we started, Athos has been translating EMG into a simple and powerful training system. From cueing how you use your muscles, evaluating movement progression and monitoring when you are at risk of injury throughout your training. By giving athletes and coaches this unprecedented insight into muscle performance, they better understand what the body is actually doing in the days, weeks, and months of preparation for the performances that matter most. We are helping athletes reach their highest potential and are used by many of the best sports programs in the country.
Athos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
We build better athletes* by helping coaches and athletes know what's holding back their performance and why - down to the muscle! Then help design better training and see how they are getting better. We do this, by athletes wearing our smart clothing that has (EMG) sensors built in, that measure what's happening at each muscle. These shorts and shirts are machine washable, dryable, and feel just like your favorite compression gear.
We are a fitness company, if you like sports, or being competitive, working hard, working out, and having fun. This is the place to be. We have a good mix of Athletes, X- athletes and never been athletes that like to solve hard problems and change the way everyone trains.
- AWS Lambda
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.