- AWS Lambda
ATHOS | www.liveathos.com
Are you a highly motivated Senior Backend Engineer looking to join a growing team that's excited about being on the cutting edge of human performance innovation? Join Athos' mission to build better athletes*.
In this role you will be helping improve and support our data platform that includes APIs, web services, data ingestion, data processing pipelines, data security and data warehousing.
Hiring Location: Remote
What You'll Do:
- As a member of the Athos Platform team, work with cross-functional teams to help shape and define the Athos product experience to meet business requirements
- Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web applications
- Contribute to the design, implementation and testing of the data processing pipelines
- Implement new product features in a highly collaborative environment
- Support production operations by troubleshooting application and infrastructure issues
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and high-performance code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our development and release processes
What You'll Bring:
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. You like making things happen!
- 5+ years of professional software development experience building distributed applications
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- 2+ years of experience with cloud services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc...
- Solid CS fundamentals combined with a wide range of SW applications and experiences
- Experience with performance optimization techniques
- Experience with object-oriented design and building backend applications with REST API services using Python
- Experience designing and developing service-based architectures and/or micro-services
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS: MySQL, DynamoDB, Aurora, MongoDB, Redis etc...
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices: Agile software
- Development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design, documentation etc...
- Great sense of responsibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-organized, self-starter with a great team spirit
- History of success in building or improving systems while supporting existing applications and users
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies: VirtualBox, Docker, Vagrant etc…
- Experience with Flask, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Ansible, Node/JS, iOS development
- Experience developing infrastructure for data and machine learning
- Experience with system monitoring and log aggregation tools and services
- Interest in staying up-to-date on the latest technologies and sports
What We Offer:
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- We pay 100% of employee insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability). We also pay 60% of dependent premiums (medical and dental).
- Flexible spending account, Commuter benefits, 401(k)
- Time off when you need it - Flexible PTO!
- Free daily lunch and exceptional snack game
- Mobile phone service reimbursement
- Love being active? We have company and team outings as well as an on-site gym and sports clubs.
More About Us:
Since we started, Athos has been translating Electromyography (EMG) into a simple and powerful training system. From cueing how you use your muscles, evaluating movement progression and monitoring when you are at risk of injury throughout you training; our system will help athletes reach their highest potential. By giving athletes and coaches this unprecedented insight into muscle performance, they better understand what the body is actually doing in the days, weeks, and months of preparation for the days that really matter.
Athos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
We build better athletes* by helping coaches and athletes know what's holding back their performance and why - down to the muscle! Then help design better training and see how they are getting better. We do this, by athletes wearing our smart clothing that has (EMG) sensors built in, that measure what's happening at each muscle. These shorts and shirts are machine washable, dryable, and feel just like your favorite compression gear.
We are a fitness company, if you like sports, or being competitive, working hard, working out, and having fun. This is the place to be. We have a good mix of Athletes, X- athletes and never been athletes that like to solve hard problems and change the way everyone trains.
- AWS Lambda
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.