- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
- Elastic Search
Do you want to build the future of incident management at a company built by developers, for developers? Are you an innovative and talented engineer with a bent toward operations who can get stuff done? Does working on a project that's the source of status for major Internet companies float your boat? Does the idea of upgrading your production Ruby version with one line of code, waiting for a two minute build to pass and seamlessly rolling it out to an entirely new auto-scaled fleet of servers sound like your kind of environment?
If so, come join us at Atlassian and work on the Statuspage team! You will be working in a fast paced SaaS environment where every line of code you write will be appreciated by major Internet players and the end-users that rely on them. You'll leverage your dynamic coding ability across a diverse set of languages and technologies. Leveraging your deep understanding of architecture, you'll foresee and plan for changes, and be a top-notch communicator along the way. Statuspage is scaling rapidly and this team has a large open runway.
Once onboard, you'll dive into a world of infrastructure as a code with Atlassian's Docker-based PaaS, no chef or puppet here. You will play an integral role in designing and developing operational improvements that will help us keep stellar uptime and reliability so the Internet can stay honest around uptime. You'll work to harden our platform so we can grow by 100x without missing a beat.You'll be involved in evolving and implementing our disaster recovery solution. You are steadfast, and you're unflappable when on call. You're a builder at heart and, ultimately, you will help define what it means to provide status updates for the Internet.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- An extensive background in developing and operating large-scale cloud-based distributed applications
- Direct experience developing/running modern applications on AWS and are well-versed in best practices and patterns
- The know-how to deploy apps using Docker
- A laser focused ability in designing infrastructure solutions for scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability, and operational excellence
- The ability to
fix the plane while in flight(not just support greenfield solutions)
- The ability to prioritize existing technical and infrastructure debt, and experience to build and execute a plan to pay it off
In return, you will have the opportunity to:
- Ask tough questions and develop your pragmatic approach to decision-making
- Leverage your deep understanding of technologies like AWS Elasticsearch, Amazon SQS, ElastiCache Redis, RDS Postgres, VTMs, Ruby and Rails.
- Continue to grow your skills in running secure and scalable applications for highly available, multi-region, AWS deployments
- Teach and influence engineers and other stakeholders
- Build incredible software on a highly-effective TEAM
More about our team
- Statuspage is a small, close-knit, team that runs as a startup within Atlassian
- We've recently moved to Dockerized blue/green deployments and a fully scriptable ops environment, we'll be tackling region disaster recovery in the next few months
- One of our core values before joining Atlassian was
Choose Humility, the team does a great job of living that value
- When we're firing on all cylinders we're shipping code 3 times a day, iterating on what we're building between product and dev daily and all our builds are green
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
About Atlassian (Statuspage Team)
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, Statuspage and now Stride.
Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We are currently hiring for our Statuspage product.
Statuspage (https://www.statuspage.io/) is at the forefront of reshaping incident management & helping customers turn downtime into a great customer experience. We withstood the S3 and DYN outages and are building to withstand the next great Internet event. We’ll stay up when our customers are down!
It's our mission to unleash the potential in every team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong. It's the unique contributions of all Atlassians that drive our success, and we're committed to building a culture where everyone can thrive and find meaning in their work. Check out our core values here: https://www.atlassian.com/company/values
- Ruby on Rails
- Elastic Search
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.