- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
- iOS Development
You will join our small mobile team, working closely with design and product, to improve, scale, and expand our iOS app to hundreds of thousands of happy customers. Our app is the primary touch point for our product, and is the key to delighting our customers.
We have a network of tens of thousands of picture frames across the world delivering cherished family photos - the right photo at the right time. We apply state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technology to thousands of photos every day to automatically sort and curate our users' libraries. We have experienced 300% year-over-year growth, and the scale of our network will continue to grow in the future. There is a seemingly endless supply of challenging new problems and new questions.
Our iOS app is built on a hybrid of Swift and Objective-C code. We use some popular tools like Bitrise, Cocoapods, and AFNetworking. In addition to the user interface, we have developed a highly performant photo upload pipeline that runs in the foreground and in the background, so our users' photos can be classified quickly and easily. We also have a communication stack built on CoreBluetooth and the Wireless Accessory Configuration (WAC) protocol, to make managing our hardware device simple and intuitive for our users.
You will also have the opportunity to dig into the Ruby on Rails API which powers the iOS app, and make modifications, improvements, or bug fixes as necessary to deliver the best experience to the hands of our users.
An ideally qualified candidate will have many or all of the following:
- Worked on nearly all aspects of a native iOS app with at least 10k MAU
- Deep familiarity with iOS technologies and trends
- Significant experience building world-class UI on the iOS platform
- Comfortable working in a small team and taking ownership over various aspects of the app
- Focused on user experience and using metrics, research, and feedback to measure success
- 5+ years experience with native iOS Development using Objective-C and/or Swift
- 3+ years experience building advanced user interfaces using UIKit, AutoLayout, or CoreGraphics
- 3+ years experience with CoreData
- 3+ years experience with parallelism on iOS, ideally focused on Grand Central Dispatch (GCD)
- Familiarity with iOS tooling like Bitrise, Fastlane, or xctool
- Familiarity with iOS dependency management frameworks like Cocoapods or Carthage
- Familiarity with background modes and technologies in iOS, such as NSURLSession, Background Fetch, or others
- A detail oriented approach to user interface, including comfort digging into design files from Sketch or Figma
- A drive to collaborate with the design team to build the most engaging intuitive interfaces that feel at home on iOS
- Experience with or a desire to learn about Ruby on Rails
This position is available in San Francisco (Mission). We also have a fully staffed office in New York City. You will have the opportunity to travel to New York occasionally for team meetings and offsites.
About Aura Home, Inc.
Aura sells a leading smart frame for your home, marrying sophisticated technology with thoughtful design. The Aura Frame is designed to be both beautiful and easy-to-use, while providing powerful automatic photo curation features. Aura's customers rave about the product online and in-person, as it provides immediate and private connection with your closest family, at any physical distance. We are sold online and at retail, including Best Buy, Bloomingdales, and Nordstrom.
We value smart people who will identify the most important problems facing our business, regardless of their area of expertise, and will work with others to engineer novel solutions.
- Ruby on Rails
- iOS Development
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.