Senior Full Stack Web Developer
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $100k - $150k
- 0.010% - 0.015%
Enable a magical & seamless web experience of Ava's real-time transcription
Ava started as an app-based captioning system, and is quickly expanding in use cases. Our users want to bring it at work, at school, project captions, and have other people edit in real-time the transcription to help them.
We're looking for a Full Stack Web Developer who will take the lead on building out the Ava experience on the web. If you care about all the details that makes a first experiences become magical for a new user, and are looking to make a huge impact on society, this is a position for you.
About this Role
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You've built and maintained quality user interfaces & complex web applications that have reached a large audience, ideally while the product is experiencing rapid growth.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You're diligent and patient, have an eye for detail, and passion for a high-quality finish.
- You're fluent with React, Node, Typescript, CSS
- You're very familiar with AWS, Firebase, Parse & Docker
- Bonus: MS in Computer Science
So... what will you do as a Full Stack Web Developer at Ava?
- You'll build key features from the Ava app to the web: through conception, research, maintenance, and polish.
- You'll be owning the Web development and deployments at Ava and coordinate prioritization with the Product & Engineering teams.
- You'll build improvements to performance, reliability, product polish, and release delivery process — for example, delivering a web-based performance close to the app version, or making the work of real-time transcribers seamless.
- You'll work on our website alongside our growth team to optimize our acquisition funnel and create a great first impression to newcomers.
What's special about this role?
- Actually change lives at an unprecedented scale: How often do you hear about apps that make people cry of joy? It is really for us a unique opportunity and privilege to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s of people - and yet to still be at the very beginning of our mission!
- Join us at an incredible time: We're well-funded and hit product-market fit, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow, so we can create a more inclusive world.
- Work with some of the best people in the world: We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We're still super small and have accomplished some things that were thought impossible!
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between product, marketing, internal tools, process — participating in every phase from inception to implementation. Absolutely no boredom.
We want to radically improve how we humans communicate with each other. Our core mission at Ava is to empower 466M deaf and hard-of-hearing people to live in a fully accessible world. Every day, millions of people are excluded from conversations because they cannot hear what others say well. Our CEO Thibault grew up in a Deaf family & witnessed firsthand how the world was not accessible for them. Together with our CTO Skinner — deaf since age 2 — Thibault co-founded Ava to make live captioning of conversations as easy as turning on captions on TV.
Our small but fast-growing team has reinvented AI-based speech recognition technology to be in service of people who need it the most. We dream of a 24/7 accessible world, without any communication barrier. In this pursuit, we're seeing how critical communication skills are, yet very far from ideal, to unleash our collective potential. This is for us the ultimate barrier we need to lift.
Our belief is that well-designed technology can help everyone communicate and connect better — much more effectively & authentically — so humanity can achieve the greatest things together.
Hands on dreamers! With singularity and acceptation. No micro management and always looking to improve ourselves
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.