We are seeking an experienced Scientific Programmer, focused on Numerical Modeling.
- Refine and optimize existing numerical modeling software.
- Improve the currently implemented approach to solving a time-domain transport equation based physical system of equations.
- Experience in implementing any numerical method required to solve this problem, the most common of which is the finite volume method.
- Collaborate effectively with a designer or product person.
- Manage and implement optimal solutions adhering to given time constraints.
- Excellent design and coding skills with a focus on Python, C, C++
- Strong skills in numerical analysis, discretization, numerical schemes implementation, including finite element and finite volume numerical schemes
- Have a structured and auditable approach from whiteboard to Minimum Viable Product
- Produce a clean, optimized, documented, auditable code
- Familiarity with common Python packages such as FiPy, SciPy, and NumPy is highly desirable.
- Prior experience working with a mix of R&D and non R&D Software Engineering teams, with typical collaboration workflows such as Git and Issue Tracking tools, is highly desirable.
About Belmont Technology
We are building a Cognitive System to augment human intelligence for Oil & Gas exploration & production activities. We are pioneering a technology that will help technical teams and their management make better decisions in a fraction of the time previously required and ultimately decrease the risk of their investments.
We value resourceful team members from diverse backgrounds who can bring different perspectives to the table. Work-Life balance is something we really care about; fully paid health insurance for individuals and families, unlimited time off and generous equity are some of the benefits we offer.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.