Software Engineer (Backend)
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- React Native
Benepass is growing quickly and we’re looking for experienced backend engineers to work on our platform and infrastructure. This is the software that’s core to everything we do at Benepass, from payments and banking, to on and offboarding employees, to handling custom logic and changing rules, to powering all of our client apps.
In this role, you’ll join our backend engineering team and work closely with our frontend engineering and operations teams. You’ll build and ship new capabilities for our backend services, which are the secret sauce that lets us move fast and deliver a great product, despite the complexity and constant change that define our space.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Have 3+ years of experience with Python, Django, DRF, and Postgres
- Be familiar with some or all of the following:
- Security & Secure Coding Practices
- Software Architecture
- Write clean, testable and maintainable code
- Have broad technical knowledge and learn new topics quickly
- Be comfortable diving into the weeds of our business to inform what we build
- Thrive in fast-paced environments with a high degree of autonomy
- Be fluent in English, both verbal and written.
Bonus points if you have experience w/ payments or fintech, security and compliance work, and/or writing software in a regulated industry.
That said, we’re ultimately looking for people who’ll be awesome to work with rather than strictly hewing to the above, so if you’re not an exact match but still think you might be good at the job, please do apply.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation + equity
- 95% coverage of medical, dental, and vision
- Fantastic benefits (of course 😃), including:
- $500 WFH setup
- $150/month cell phone + internet
- $100/month Wellness
- Flexible PTO
- Work from anywhere (during standard US business hours)
Benepass (YC W20) helps companies take care of their people; employees get a single card for all of their benefits, paired with a friendly and intuitive mobile app. Our product makes it easy for employees to save on essentials (like child- and healthcare) and to enjoy their company’s perks (think work from home setups, fitness memberships, and free lunch) especially in a remote-first world. We also automate away tons of manual work that companies usually have to do to manage benefits.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.