- New York, NY, United States
- $100k - $150k
- 0.0% - 0.5%
- React Native
- AWS Lambda
With a multifaceted skill set, our Software Engineer should be product-minded and self-driven, and be able to apply themselves across frontend, backend, data, and infrastructure. BigSpring is rapidly growing and our Software Engineer must succeed in all that this entails, including architecting new codebases, translating business needs into actionable work, and knowing when to move fast against when to take the time to do something right.
BigSpring’s product ecosystem centers around a progressive web application serving hundreds of thousands of users within network and hardware constrained environments internationally. Additionally, we have several web applications and tools supporting content management, client success, analytics, reporting, and more.
What you will do:
- Build software in a full-stack capacity, frontend and backend, from architecture through deployment to the enduser.
- Contribute to existing products and services as well as build new ones.
- Execute end-to-end ownership and accountability over the projects you work on.
- Work relatively independently and asynchronously as part of a small US-based product team within a global company across several time zones.
- Contribute to product ideation and feature specification.
- Shape our engineering culture, values, and processes.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated experience with a modern web technology stack that includes React, React Native, Node, AWS Lambda, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Apollo and Typescript.
- Demonstrated experience shipping software as part of a small team.
- Familiarity with emerging web platform best-practices, including progressive web applications, service workers, network optimization, and performance optimization.
- A willingness to be a broad generalist, wear many hats, and react to changing requirements.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks, work autonomously, understand technical tradeoffs.
- A product-first mindset with a forward-thinking approach about how to use your craft to enable and evolve the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially when working with nontechnical stakeholders.
- Passion and enthusiasm about what you do.
BigSpring empowers people with the skills they need to be gainfully employed and enables enterprises to drive productivity fueled by learning.
We know how to balance when to move fast against when to take the time to do something right. We are scrappy and resourceful, but also measured and deliberate. We believe in the value of honest and direct feedback. We don't confuse motion with progress.
- React Native
- AWS Lambda
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.