Full Stack Engineer
- Austin, TX, United States
- $130k - $160k
- 0.40% - 0.75%
ℹ️ About the Position
Biodock runs AI bioanalysis in the cloud, which users access through our dashboard. We are expanding functionality to run AI models, manage data, and visualize results within our dynamic app, and looking for talented engineers to own the application and drive development with backend engineers from the ground up.
This position says founding engineer. We really mean that. We're a team of 4 plus 2 contractors right now (5/6 are software engineers), so you'd be one of the first engineers and make a massive impact. You'd build critical features from the ground up, and deliver 5x faster than you have at previous jobs. We're looking for someone who is serious about building, and who can wear many hats.
We just hired some amazing engineers - full-stack engineer from Facebook and an ML/backend engineer from Pinterest - work with the best!
🔨 What you'll do
- Take full ownership of our Biodock's platform, all the way to deploys, monitoring, debugging, and overall reliability.
- Help power and run the infrastructure that makes our distributed system tick.
- Work together with full stack, backend, and ML engineers.
- Be exposed to every level of the company, working closely with the CEO to meet business goals and working off customer feedback.
🙋 Who you are
- You’re comfortable with exploring and building a mature application, with 4+ years of industry experience. Or you're just 3X smarter than others.
- You have experience in areas such as distributed systems, image data processing, and performance measurement and optimization.
- You're a wizard at React, Node, and backend Python. Or you go super deep in one of these areas / dev ops.
- Big, big bonus points for DevOps experience (Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS) and/or Docker. Small bonus points for mypy, AI/ML libraries.
- You have a strong background in computer science with a degree in CS or a related field.
- You are passionate about writing high-impact code and are willing to learn new technologies.
- You want to work at a top VC-backed company at the earliest stage to help build things from the ground up.
- You're flexible, trustworthy, energetic, and a great communicator
- You live in or are willing to make the move to Austin, Texas, where our home office is located.
- Competitive pay and equity compensation
- Competitive medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- 401k account option
- Unlimited vacation/sick leave
- Developer fundamentals: work Macbook Pro, standing desk, headphones/dual 4k monitors/peripherals, office amenities.
- Super cool office with views of downtown and UT Austin, plenty of natural light, and lots of space. It even has a small basic gym.
- Free snacks, cereal, coffee, tea, milk, etc.
- Modern productivity software: Linear (task management), Notion, Airtable, Basecamp, Miro
About Biodock (YC W21)
We're an AI software platform that allows scientists to easily run cutting-edge AI models on their microscope data and find new drugs faster.
Our culture is built from brilliant minds who enjoy working with each other. Incredibly engineering driven - think a software version of the robotics clubs you see in movies. Everyone is encouraged to take big risks and to think in processes.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.