Software Engineer - Front End
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $126k - $177k
- 0.069% - 1.847%
bit.io’s UI empowers users to import, query, and share data in seconds and educates users with data best practices. The user’s first introduction to bit.io is the UI and where users will create an interconnected community of data users -- today, many users only use the UI. You will build bit.io’s user-friendly and user-productive frontend.
As a Software Engineer at bit.io, you will:
- Work across the stack on all aspects of software engineering for the core product
- Collaborate directly with all teammates on a small, productive technology team
- Solve petabyte-scale problems in the data space
- Design, build, test and deploy a complex data management system
- Make broad, impactful technology decisions with responsibility for their outcomes
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Shipped product
- Experience and passion in data, data engineering, and data processing
- Worked with all aspects of data management — parsing, cleaning, querying, extracting, etc.
- A strong drive to make software easy-to-use
- Used an API technology like REST, OpenAPI, or gRPC
- Developed with a web application framework like Django, React, Angular, Vue, or similar
- Written suites of unit tests in frameworks like jest, ava, or mocha
- Deep UX experience
bit.io’s mission is to make data scientists and software engineers immediately productive, to remove obstacles to using data, and to make data more accessible. Join us in building a shareable cloud database where users can share their data with anyone in seconds just like a Google doc, query their data without worrying about compute or memory, and combine their data with a growing collection of immediately use-able open data. bit.io is transforming data in the same way GitHub transformed software and open source.
We’re outcome-oriented, scientific, curious, respectful, resilient, and inclusive.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.