Data Scientist - Special Projects
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $130k - $180k
- 0.857% - 2.129%
Critical toward achieving bit.io’s vision is creating a community that (1) develops and shares unique, important datasets (2) uses that data to conduct impactful research and applies that data to deliver. You will work on projects to bootstrap that community.
As special projects data scientist at at bit.io you will:
- Showcase bit.io publicly by using it to support and share cutting edge research
- Collaborate directly with product and engineering to refine bit.io’s product and to drive important use-cases
- Identify and create novel, unique datasets to bring onto bit.io
- Build a foundation for repeatable and scalable data science
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience and passion telling stories with data
- Significant expertise with at least two of: supervised learning, time series analysis, outlier detection, or deep learning
- Deep knowledge about at least three of: experiment design, hypothesis testing, parameter estimation, stochastic processes, optimization, or utility theory
- Expertise in Python, R, SQL, or similar data-oriented programming environment
- Strong problem solving and scientific mindset
The ideal special projects data science candidate will:
- Communicate difficult concepts in understandable language
- Conduct R&D in a reproducible, systematic, and unbiased fashion
- Work with significant autonomy and learn independently
- Be willing to learn and apply software engineering best-practices for working with big data
- Have a desire to educate the data community, to increase data accessibility, and to use open data to positively impact our world
bit.io’s mission is to make data scientists and software engineers immediately productive, to remove obstacles to using data, and to make data more accessible. Join us in building a shareable cloud database where users can share their data with anyone in seconds just like a Google doc, query their data without worrying about compute or memory, and combine their data with a growing collection of immediately use-able open data. bit.io is transforming data in the same way GitHub transformed software and open source.
We’re outcome-oriented, scientific, curious, respectful, resilient, and inclusive.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.