Software Engineer - Special Projects
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $126k - $177k
- 0.069% - 1.847%
Critical toward achieving bit.io’s vision is creating a community that (1) develops and shares unique, important datasets, and (2) uses that data in awesome, impactful ways. You will work on projects to bootstrap that community.
As a special projects software engineer at bit.io you will:
- Showcase bit.io publicly by using it to build and share impactful data projects
- Collaborate directly with product and engineering to refine bit.io’s product and to drive important use-cases
- Identify and create novel, unique datasets to bring onto bit.io
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience and passion telling stories with data
- Shipped product
- Deep knowledge in data management - parsing, cleaning, querying, extracting, etc.
- Expertise in Python, R, or similar data-heavy programming language
- Strong problem solving and scientific mindset
The ideal candidate will:
- Communicate difficult concepts in understandable language
- Be adept with SQL and database technologies
- Work with significant autonomy and learn independently
- Have built or maintained open source software (alone or with a team)
- Have a desire to educate the data community, to increase data accessibility, and to use open data to positively impact our world
bit.io’s mission is to make data scientists and software engineers immediately productive, to remove obstacles to using data, and to make data more accessible. Join us in building a shareable cloud database where users can share their data with anyone in seconds just like a Google doc, query their data without worrying about compute or memory, and combine their data with a growing collection of immediately use-able open data. bit.io is transforming data in the same way GitHub transformed software and open source.
We’re outcome-oriented, scientific, curious, respectful, resilient, and inclusive.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.