Junior Software Engineer - Backend
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $114k - $126k
- 0.292% - 0.692%
Critical toward achieving bit.io’s vision is a datastore that (1) scales to petabyte queries while still enabling fast query-iteration by users, and (2) applies data best practices while remaining flexible when opinionated defaults aren’t enough. You will build bit.io’s datastore.
As a Junior Software Engineer at bit.io you will:
- Work across the stack on all aspects of software engineering for the core product
- Collaborate directly with all teammates on a small, productive technology team
- Solve petabyte-scale problems in the data space
- Design, build, test and deploy a complex data management system
- Make impactful technology decisions with responsibility for their outcomes
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Some experience and passion in data, data engineering, and data processing
- Some experience in data management - parsing, cleaning, querying, extracting, etc.
- A strong drive to make software easy-to-use
The ideal backend engineering candidate will have:
- Strong skills in Python
- Exposure to SQL
- Worked with APIs built on technology like REST, OpenAPI, or gRPC
bit.io’s mission is to make data scientists and software engineers immediately productive, to remove obstacles to using data, and to make data more accessible. Join us in building a shareable cloud database where users can share their data with anyone in seconds just like a Google doc, query their data without worrying about compute or memory, and combine their data with a growing collection of immediately use-able open data. bit.io is transforming data in the same way GitHub transformed software and open source.
We’re outcome-oriented, scientific, curious, respectful, resilient, and inclusive.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.