Site Reliability Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $126k - $177k
- 0.692% - 1.847%
Critical toward achieving bit.io’s vision is a datastore that (1) scales to petabyte queries while still enabling fast query-iteration by users, and (2) applies data best practices while remaining flexible when opinionated defaults aren’t enough. You will run & improve bit.io’s production platform.
As an SRE at bit.io you will:
- Work across the stack on all aspects of the core product
- Collaborate directly with all teammates on a small, productive technology team
- Solve petabyte-scale problems in the data space
- Design, build, test and deploy a complex data management system
- Make broad, impactful technology decisions with responsibility for their outcomes
- Develop key SLOs for the production system and own delivering those SLOs
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Ran production systems that dealt with large amounts of structured data
- Experience and passion in data, data engineering, and data processing
- A strong drive to make software easy-to-use
The ideal SRE candidate will have:
- Expertise in Python
- Expertise in Kubernetes and associated technologies
- Ran and debugged microservices and container technologies
- A strong desire to constantly improve the iteration speed of the company as a whole through automation & systems engineering
bit.io’s mission is to make data scientists and software engineers immediately productive, to remove obstacles to using data, and to make data more accessible. Join us in building a shareable cloud database where users can share their data with anyone in seconds just like a Google doc, query their data without worrying about compute or memory, and combine their data with a growing collection of immediately use-able open data. bit.io is transforming data in the same way GitHub transformed software and open source.
We’re outcome-oriented, scientific, curious, respectful, resilient, and inclusive.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.