Blueprint Test Prep
Blueprint Next Step is the leading boutique test prep company in the graduate entrance exam space, providing groundbreaking courses and tools for the LSAT (Blueprint) and MCAT (Next Step). Backed by private equity, we are looking to create substantial growth in our product lines and market reach via organic growth and M&A opportunities.
Behind the fancy business lingo, we are a founder-led company that started with a simple vision to prep students better than the big companies by making learning more engaging and entertaining. We are educators at heart looking to serve our students better every day.
Senior Software Engineer Los Angeles, CA, United States
Software Engineer - I Los Angeles, CA, United States
We have 7 core values at Blueprint that we implement daily: 1. Innovation - We are never satisfied with good enough. We are always looking for creative ways to improve. Even though we consider ourselves to be innovative, industry leaders in the LSAT and MCAT preparatory space for the last 14 years, there is always room to expand. We're founder-led, privately owned and PE-backed.
- Energy and Enthusiasm - We are passionate and excited about the company’s mission and vision. Your ideas will be heard! You're joining an organization where you have a seat at the table surrounded by a group of whip-smart and creative team members.
- Always Learning - We are also students and we strive for self improvement. We are a small but ever growing team- a unique opportunity to refine your craft but wear many different hats.
- Bias for Action - We move quickly and aren’t afraid to fail. Our goal is to build and perfect a technology platform and infrastructure that enhances our current offerings and continues to change our student's lives- which is also another value:
- Students First - We always go the extra mile to help our students succeed.
- Honesty and Transparency - We communicate openly and honestly with each other and with our students. This occurs in all aspects of our business, in our monthly town halls and our day to day collaborative work environment.
- Own the Result - We make commitments and follow through. No excuses. We are all one team relying on each other to continue to build an innovative platform for the students and in order to do so we need to trust each other.
• Our goal is to grow our technology team to fit our student and business needs best. By two years, we aim to have five self-managing teams.
• We value horizontal mobility and technical exploration.
• We actively embrace a DevOps culture. We believe that the engineers own the full lifecycle of the product that they build.
• We currently use Agile as our primary SDLC process with the understanding that self-managing teams will best pick the process that works for them in the future.
• We highly value mentorship and professional growth.
Here are some of the few items we are looking to tackle this year:
• Build out a world-leading data engineering organization to understand how to teach our students best. We have 14 years of raw data to mine!
• Build out a team to make a cutting-edge LMS to support our current educational lines (LSAT and MCAT), but also beyond (we've got big plans!).
• Too many greenfield projects to list out here. Let's discuss!
At Blueprint, we know that in order to produce a product that at it's core is about making learning fun, we, the creators behind it, need to make sure WE are having fun. Although COVID has shifted our many in person meetings and activities to Zoom- that does not stop us. We have monthly town halls where we shout out people that exemplified the values that past month. We ship bottles of Gin to everyone's home for a virtual Gin cocktail class, we have costume contests, voting sticker selfie contests, cookie decorating classes, team happy hours just because, virtual lunches with our CEO (awkward when not everyone orders Uber Eats at the same time), and so much more to come! Once back in the office located in the Playa District, there is a bar onsite, a cafe, gym, plenty of outdoor space with BBQ's, TV's and Basketball Courts.
Most of the office is in between 8am and 10am, but we are flexible based on your needs such as commute, workload, etc.
We are located in the Playa District! There is a bar onsite, a cafe, gym, plenty of outdoor space with BBQ's, TV's and Basketball Courts. Plenty of restaurants and food trucks all around as well!
Starts right away on the first of the month following your start date. We pay 50% of individual medical, vision and dental coverage. Employees pay 50% + 100% for dependents if they choose to enroll. Medical coverage is age based.
We make matching contributions to employees’ retirement plans- one dollar for every dollar an employee contributes, up to 3% of their compensation, and an additional 50 cents for every dollar they contribute in excess of 3%, up to 5%. Employees are 100% vested from the time the contribution is made.
Blueprint has unlimited PTO. We understand in today's workforce, technically checking that email you swore you wouldn't while on your tropical vacation, makes that day no longer a true
vacation day. We ask employees to take PTO responsibly :)
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.